Author Topic: Latest Report on Hankins  (Read 626 times)

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 510
    • View Profile
Re: Latest Report on Hankins
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 02:21:26 PM »
At 6' 5" and 298 pounds he is a 3-4 DE who could play 3 tech DT in a 4-3
Are you sure he has enough sand in his pants? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dumpster Dan

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 151
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 02:22:49 PM »
At 6' 5" and 298 pounds he is a 3-4 DE who could play 3 tech DT in a 4-3

And, IMHO, play it well

DD

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 1175
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 02:23:20 PM »
Are you sure he has enough sand in his pants? Lol

298 pounds is >>>> than 265 pounds (or 275)    :P
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 02:24:47 PM »
298 <<<<318

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 1175
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 02:29:23 PM »
298 <<<<318

Ed,

When I am looking at 3 tech DTs I am usually looking in the 300 - 310 range.   Outside that range, it's sort of a case by case basis.  298 is close enough to be considered a functional 3 tech.   318 is on the higher side but it was carried on a 6' 7" frame (I had mentioned earlier that height is a consideration along with weight).   

When I look at Hankins 320 listed weight (at a squat 6' 2") and consider that may be an under listing, you can see why I say Hankins is a bit too big for the 3 tech position.     Hankins looks to be about 340 when I have seen him play.  If Hankins were to shed about 25 or so pounds of belly fat, I think he could prove to be a pretty good 3 tech and THEN he could command the sort of money he is looking for. 
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 02:46:11 PM »
Ed,

When I am looking at 3 tech DTs I am usually looking in the 300 - 310 range.   Outside that range, it's sort of a case by case basis.  298 is close enough to be considered a functional 3 tech.   318 is on the higher side but it was carried on a 6' 7" frame (I had mentioned earlier that height is a consideration along with weight).   

When I look at Hankins 320 listed weight (at a squat 6' 2") and consider that may be an under listing, you can see why I say Hankins is a bit too big for the 3 tech position.     Hankins looks to be about 340 when I have seen him play.  If Hankins were to shed about 25 or so pounds of belly fat, I think he could prove to be a pretty good 3 tech and THEN he could command the sort of money he is looking for.
Bromley came into the league at 296 and plays 303-308. Okwara's frame can easily get him up to 300-305. He's likely 280 right now. He doesn't have to play every snap. He can be a rotation player in the pass rush. Spags likes to get his best players on the field and Tuck was often used as a 3T. JPP has been moved inside too. It's all technique, quickness and strength.

This is all assuming he takes the next step forward from his rookie year. If he does, they will find a way to get him on the field but unlike Kiwi, I don't see him at Linebacker. Out of all the other DE's besides JPP and Vernon, he was the next best and I thought he showed more in his first year than any of them including Bromley. He looked tuck like as he was his first year. Let's see if he isn't a flash in the pan.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin