Author Topic: John Mara on Ben McAdoo  (Read 120 times)

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 971
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
John Mara on Ben McAdoo
« on: March 27, 2017, 10:14:00 AM »
When asked about his first year as head coach:

“You never know when you have a new coach. I think he adapted to it very well. I still think he’s still young, he still has more that he has to learn, as I’m sure he would be the first to tell you. But we were certainly very pleased with his first year. He hit the ground running and he did very well.”

When asked about Ben continuing to call his own plays

“That’s up to him, it really is. We’ve questioned him about it a couple of times, he’s still comfortable doing it. I think he still thinks about passing it off to Mike Sullivan, but I think he’s still — (Packers coach) Mike McCarthy still does it, and that was kind of his mentor. If he’s comfortable doing it, it’s fine with us, as long as he feels like he can manage the game properly.”
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

jerseyguy

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 63
    • View Profile
Re: John Mara on Ben McAdoo
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 10:20:00 AM »
When asked about his first year as head coach:

“You never know when you have a new coach. I think he adapted to it very well. I still think he’s still young, he still has more that he has to learn, as I’m sure he would be the first to tell you. But we were certainly very pleased with his first year. He hit the ground running and he did very well.”

When asked about Ben continuing to call his own plays

“That’s up to him, it really is. We’ve questioned him about it a couple of times, he’s still comfortable doing it. I think he still thinks about passing it off to Mike Sullivan, but I think he’s still — (Packers coach) Mike McCarthy still does it, and that was kind of his mentor. If he’s comfortable doing it, it’s fine with us, as long as he feels like he can manage the game properly.”
thats not what a lot of us wanted to hear from Mara...