News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Best of Snacks: Breaking Down Some Outstanding Plays From All-Pro Damon Harrison

Started by Mr. Matt, March 20, 2017, 09:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Matt

I'm not much interested in the draft or free agency, but I enjoy reading the insights from everyone here who does follow them closely. I do however, love breaking down the game film. I thought I'd throw up some breakdowns of plays by my newly minted favorite Giant: Damon "Snacks" Harrison, to try to entertain myself and maybe some of you guys this offseason.
"If there are going to be endless echoes, choose the good ones." -Eli Manning

Mr. Matt

Play #1: First play of the season in Dallas.

Mr. Matt

uconnjack8

Mr. Matt great post.  BBH is a better place with you around.

Snacks is simply the best at his position.

Ed Vette

The play started with recognizing the RG pull that negated his double team as the Center now has to pick up Hankins. Collins took the wrong initial step and exposed his outside shoulder. It's also an example of well executed team work by the Giants. Good breakdown, Matt. Where are you getting the photography from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

gambit_1

Yea outstanding illustrations here. 👍

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Mr. Matt

UConn: Thanks man. I am amazed by so many things I see from Harrison.

Ed: Snacks' center-of-gravity seems to be so low, and his punch into OLs bodies so powerful at the snap that, if he reads the play properly at the snap, he virtually always gains the advantage one-on-one.

I use the Windows' snipping tool to capture screenshots from the NFL Gamepass "coaches film," then add the illustrations with Paint. Semi low-tech.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Mr. Matt on March 21, 2017, 08:30:12 AM

Ed:

I use the Windows' snipping tool to capture screenshots from the NFL Gamepass "coaches film," then add the illustrations with Paint. Semi low-tech.

Let's credit them then. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Mr. Matt

Quote from: Vette on March 21, 2017, 10:05:04 AM
Let's credit them then.

OK. Is there something else I should be doing other than leaving the NFL logo in the bottom right corner?

Mr. Matt

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Mr. Matt

Bob In PA

Matt: All of this (including the technical work) is first-rate stuff.  Thanks very much for taking the time to do it. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Mr. Matt

Thanks Bob. I enjoy doing it and wanted to share it with you guys.

Cid in Dupont

Matt,  Outstanding insight and knowledge of the "game inside the game".  We appreciate all your hard work!

Do you take requests for film breakdowns?  If so, I'd love to see the best of Landon Collins.

Thx...Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.