News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Video- How to stop the run with a 4-3 defense, using 8 men in the box

Started by MightyGiants, February 17, 2008, 05:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Here is another good video explaining and showing how the 4-3 stop the run, this time with 8 men in the box.  Note- This coach seems to switch the terms Weak and Strong linebackers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRB_asdJBUA
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

vette5573

Really illustrates the moving gap. I wonder how often the execution fails on these plays?

MightyGiants

That's a good question.  I will have to start watching, to be able to answer it though.   I think one thing I took away from this video was it would seem a cut back style runner would be more negatively affected by adding the eighth man .
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

thatsnotgross

What really could hurt having 8 men in the box and using the FS as the safeguard for those late cutbacks would probably be a well run QB rollout when the FS bites.  Would probably leave a 1 on 1 against the deep threat.

Painter

I see what you mean,MG. I can't comprehend his identifying the outside backers as opposite to the sides by which they are identified. There is no doubt as to which is the strong side and which is the weak side in those illustrations. There is logical explanation for it.

Cheers!