Author Topic: Name Two Players You Really, Really Want out of this draft  (Read 534 times)

Jolly Blue Giant

• Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 106
    • View Profile
Name Two Players You Really, Really Want out of this draft
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:46:15 AM »
I was going to put up a mock, but they never make sense because the draft never unfolds the way it's expected to unfold. So pick two players (ones we have a reasonable chance to get - not Myles Garrett and  Malik Hooker) that you would be super excited to get.

With no further ado, my "must get" two players in this draft aren't first rounders (or maybe they are on internal teams' draft boards) and are:

TE Adam Shaheen

and
OT Antonio Garcia

If we manage to add these two players in this draft, I will be super excited
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 10:49:36 AM by Jolly Blue Giant »

bamagiantfan

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 205
    • View Profile
Re: Name Two Players You Really, Really Want out of this draft
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 10:53:01 AM »
I'm gonna go off the board a little and say RB-D'onta Foreman and TE-Jordan Leggett
Go Giants!

WheresDayne

• All-Pro
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 32
    • View Profile
    • Phil Simms
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 11:25:57 AM »
I see Leggett in the 3rd but foreman, shaheen and Garcia in the 4th and beyond.....should be available.  Like Rich said, great value in the later rounds this year, should be a good haul for the Giants! :ok:

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 956
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 12:24:01 PM »
OT Dion Dawkins

QB Josh Dobbs
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

todge

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 177
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 12:32:34 PM »
I really don't have a preference for any particular player.  But a position I really, really want out of this Draft is an offensive tackle or even two to provide competition for Flowers and depth at the position.  This team can no longer ignore what is the most important position on the offensive line. The last time the Giants drafted a pure left tackle was Will Beatty in 2009! (Both Flowers and Pugh were drafted to play right tackle and were universally projected to play that position in the NFL by the vast majority of the scouting community.)

beaugestus

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 02:20:23 PM »
Any of the top 4 OLTs and Malik McDowell. I know they will all be gone by the time we pick in the second. But, hey trade up ala Collins? I think Malik could possibly be a guy that would make the DL unstoppable in the near future.

todge

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 06:13:40 PM »
Any of the top 4 OLTs and Malik McDowell. I know they will all be gone by the time we pick in the second. But, hey trade up ala Collins? I think Malik could possibly be a guy that would make the DL unstoppable in the near future.

Malik McDowell has a lot of support on this Board.  But if you look at what the Giants prioritize in their recent drafts, it is "character".  The Giants want Boy Scouts not controversial characters like McDowell who has turned off so many teams so far with his attitude.  I would be surprised if McDowell is even on the Giants' Draft Board.

Cid in Dupont

• Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 90
  • Best SB ever!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 06:56:26 PM »
Malik McDowell & Antonio Garcia.  If I can't have those then Barnett &  Moton.

I'd be really, really happy with either of those combos.

I know about the McDowell "anti-hype" I just don't buy into it.  He will be a force to be reckoned with along side Snacks, JPP & OV.

We would have the best DL in the NFL by mid-year if all of them stay healthy.

That's just my thinking.

Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

beaugestus

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 08:26:53 PM »
ted, I don't know what was actually said about Malik's interviews. But I can't imagine a rookie coming in and pulling any shenanigans with the high motor line mates he would be working with. The kid had no help at MSU. He would constantly be double and even triple teamed on a consistent basis when he played inside. I would think that the ability to go 100% all game with that kind of beating would wear anyone down. Maybe, he was arrogant and xxxxy, but he would not be the first by a long shot. The difference is does he back it up?

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 176
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 11:34:47 PM »
QB Patrick Mahommes & OT Julian Davenport

The future is now. :yes:

todge

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 05:44:38 PM »
ted, I don't know what was actually said about Malik's interviews. But I can't imagine a rookie coming in and pulling any shenanigans with the high motor line mates he would be working with. The kid had no help at MSU. He would constantly be double and even triple teamed on a consistent basis when he played inside. I would think that the ability to go 100% all game with that kind of beating would wear anyone down. Maybe, he was arrogant and xxxxy, but he would not be the first by a long shot. The difference is does he back it up?

Apparently, teams were turned off by Malik blaming every one else for his issues.  They question his self-motivation and how much he actually likes the game.  Buyer Beware

UncannyGfan

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 06:01:06 PM »
TE Howard (will need to trade up)
RB Perine

This draft will not solve the Giants OL problems but I do think OL will be better this season even without a top draft pick.  Fluker will be an improvement over Hart and the still very young Flowers will improve from last season.  Having more play makers will take pressure off the line and make them appear better next season.

Going from Cruz to Marshall, Tye to Howard, and Jennings to Perine could make a world of difference in what type of defensive schemes the team will face.

Painter

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 163
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 07:59:32 PM »
I want an OT who has a realistic chance of dislodging the incumbent LT. While I would prefer Ramczyk or Bolles, if it turns out to be Dawkins, the shorter guy with longer arms or Garcia, the tall guy with the short arms, it will be fine with me.

I am very high on McDowell. He is a rare talent as a Dlineman, and can be a real force at the 3-Tech in the pros.
While it is never good to point fingers or blame others, if that's what he has done, I wouldn't worry about if I was the Giants. He wouldn't have to carry the deadwood as he did with last year's MSU bunch, he would be lined up next to Snacks and between J P-P and OV. Hankins, who? ;)

Cheers!

Philosophers

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 08:44:03 PM »
Complainers, whiners, lazy no self drive people etc rarely change even being between vets.  Giving them a boatload of money doesnt help.

Prefer hard working self-driven first

todge

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 09:01:13 PM »
Complainers, whiners, lazy no self drive people etc rarely change even being between vets.  Giving them a boatload of money doesnt help.

Prefer hard working self-driven first

Very true. Every year the Giants draft quality kids who have been leaders and good example setters. Yet fans continue to think the Giants aren't going to do it this year forsaking talent over character. Until proven otherwise, guys like Malik won't be Giants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk