Author Topic: Name Two Players You Really, Really Want out of this draft  (Read 535 times)

Painter

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 163
    • View Profile
Re: Name Two Players You Really, Really Want out of this draft
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 09:25:07 PM »
I would agree if that really described the guy. You will find out soon enough that it doesn't and wont. I was drawn more to McDowell's play last season than to any of the Dlinemen, and I saw plenty of them. There are guys far less clean (the current meme) than he is but few if any with his athletic talent. Did you see him play or are you just readers? No fibbing please.

Cheers!

Philosophers

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 12:17:47 AM »
I saw Malik several times over the years as a Big 10 fan.  I honestly can't get a read on him as I see mixed, but I blame some of that on Michigan State as they have completely lost their defensive identity since Pat Narduzzi, their former DC, left to become head coach at Pitt.  MSU had a downhill close to the LOS type defense and they were simply very tough.  I feel like their entire defense was not the same.

I think Malik has Aaron Donald type interior DT skills, but he lacks the consistent motor and maybe concentration. 

TXGiant

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 04:30:21 PM »
My choices are:

TE Howard
RB Khalid Abdullah from JMU in the 6-7 round.

Abdullah is one of the players that the Giants have had in for a visit... which I predicted they would.

Painter

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 163
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 07:54:35 PM »
That's a fair analysis and good comparison Phil. With some talent around him and the chance to focus on his best position, and the incentive to prove his detractors wrong, I would expect McDowell to not only exceed but to excel. I say that while not expecting him to be the Giants pick at 23 but certain that they could do worse.

Cheers!

tonyt830

• Rookie
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 05:21:52 PM »
wow!  Thats a tough one for me to pick just 2. 

I guess Lamp and Watkins(or any of the top 3 techniques).
"Remember, the mind is your best muscle.  Big arms can move rocks, but big words can move mountains."