Author Topic: Manning pissed about being smeared and slandered  (Read 537 times)

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 956
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
Manning pissed about being smeared and slandered
« on: April 20, 2017, 12:20:33 PM »
I can't blame him.  He has nearly a decade and a half of a sterling record as a citizen and QB for the NY Giants and some of the jackals in the media turned on him like rabid weasels.

Ralph Vacchiano  @RVacchianoSNY
5m
A very angry Eli Manning on the Giants memorabilia scandal: "I have never done what I've been accused of doing."

Dan Duggan  @DDuggan21
4m
Manning says he can't go into detail due to pending litigation, but says the email that became public was taken out of context. #Giants

5m
Eli Manning said he takes the accusations personally. "I'm more angry than anything. I've done nothing wrong and I'm still being attacked."

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz
4m
Eli: "My track record speaks for itself."

Dan Duggan  @DDuggan21
5m
Eli says he'll be cleared when everything comes to light. #Giants

2m
There haven't been many times Eli Manning has shown his emotions publicly in his career. This press conference is definitely in the Top 5.
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

Bob In PA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 294
    • View Profile
Re: Manning pissed about being smeared and slandered
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 12:43:33 PM »
Yeah, and here's a "tweet" from me....     /sarcasm/

Some of Eli's supposed fans didn't behave much better than the media...

.... seems like some people are always ready to jump on a guy in a glorious display their sheer ignorance....

Bob

PS.  Not calling out anyone here.

beaugestus

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 12:52:13 PM »
Fans build them up to tear them down.

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 12:53:14 PM »
Adam Schefter
Just now ·
Facebook Mentions
 ·
Eli Manning on memorabilia charges: "I will say I have never done what I've been accused of doing. I have no reason to do anything of that nature. I've done nothing wrong and I have nothing to hide. I know when this is done, everyone will see it the same way.....When you are attacking my integrity, definitely makes me angry...My track record with how I've handled myself since I've been here in NY 2004 speaks for itself. Do everything with class. That is what I have done and it's been attacked now....It will all work out. When it all does, I'll be cleared of this and everyone will see I've done nothing wrong....My track record speaks for itself."
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

President Rick

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 01:15:11 PM »
tb12 had a huge chip on his shoulder in the 2016 season and look what happened. come on, Eli.  get mad.  make it contagious with your teammates.  let them have your back. 
 then show them how you can take the lid off this league.  Go Giants.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 01:39:59 PM »
I don't blame him. He has an impeccable reputation and has demonstrated nothing less than fine character, honor and integrity.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 01:44:04 PM »
I don't blame him. He has an impeccable reputation and has demonstrated nothing less than fine character, honor and integrity.

Absolutely, I was always taught that you can't stop people from making false accusations against you, but your reputation is your shield.   Eli had earned a very solid shield.   Yet it didn't stop a$$h*les like PFT's Mike Florio and the beat writers from the NY Post from pushing a narrative that Eli was guilty of all sorts of nefarious and possibly criminal deeds.   They were even speculating about what the Giants would do when Eli got suspended. 

The Chief

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 01:48:01 PM »
Yeah, and here's a "tweet" from me....     /sarcasm/

Some of Eli's supposed fans didn't behave much better than the media...

.... seems like some people are always ready to jump on a guy in a glorious display their sheer ignorance....

Bob

PS.  Not calling out anyone here.

Why does he feel the need to sell memorabilia when he's making 20 million dollars per year?

The "industry" is loaded with fakes and shady criminal types.  Why associate yourself with this type of enterprise?

Go to bed with dogs and you wake up with fleas.

Bad judgement Eli.

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 01:50:55 PM »
Why does he feel the need to sell memorabilia when he's making 20 million dollars per year?

The "industry" is loaded with fakes and shady criminal types.  Why associate yourself with this type of enterprise?

Go to bed with dogs and you wake up with fleas.

Bad judgement Eli.

Can't say for certain, but if I had to guess I would say it was on advice from his agent. 

Bob In PA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 294
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 01:52:15 PM »
The key phrase in Eli's quote....  I have no reason to do anything of that nature.

Think about it.   Is there a scarcity of Eli Manning game-worn equipment? 

Absent a scarcity, there is no reason for not giving authentic merchandise to the memorabilia-sellers.

Bob

COGiantFan

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 319
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 02:13:42 PM »
tb12 had a huge chip on his shoulder in the 2016 season and look what happened. come on, Eli.  get mad.  make it contagious with your teammates.  let them have your back. 
 then show them how you can take the lid off this league.  Go Giants.

Great minds think alike.

So do ours, apparently, because I was about to express that exact same hope.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist

jimv

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 362
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 03:21:21 PM »
here is another question from "Mr. Stupid:"  WHO is tb12??????????

quacker

• Starter
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 33
  • The Wall of Fame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 03:42:25 PM »
here is another question from "Mr. Stupid:"  WHO is tb12??????????
Brady

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 176
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 04:05:28 PM »
There's a lotta information floating around. I'll Reserve judgment until all the facts are in.
This past weekend one of my Posse informed me that there's photographic evidence proving the helmets are not game authentic gear. Some sort of detail is absent from the helmets that were sold, as opposed to the helmets worn in a game. That's just what I heard, so take it with a grain of salt.