Author Topic: Manning pissed about being smeared and slandered  (Read 806 times)

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 1079
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
Re: Manning pissed about being smeared and slandered
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 08:50:53 AM »
It wasn't until I watched the evening news that I fully realized why Eli was so angry.  I had forgotten the criminal governor of our state chris christie went on the radio and called Eli Manning a liar and accused him of wrongdoing.   I mean being called a liar by christie is like being called stupid by the village idiot.   I could see why Eli was so angry and I admire him for taking the high road and not acknowledging the criminal that is our governor.

As for the guy who is suing Eli Manning and making these false accusations:

I think it's important to remember that Eric Inselberg was indicted for fraud (selling fake Jerseys) in Chicago and he beat the rap only when his lawyer somehow convinced the government to drop the charges when Inselberg’s attorneys persuaded prosecutors that Giants employees and other witness had lied to federal agents and the grand jury that indicted the New Jersey dealer.

If you want to get a feel for the honesty of Eric Inselberg here are some of the other claims he has made:

he claims to have provided more than $1 million worth of Giants memorabilia for the Legacy Club museum at MetLife Stadium and worked with Giants officials to design an interactive wireless stadium marketing service and a helmet that reduces the risk of concussions

Frankly I am going to side unhesitantly with Eli Manning on this one and not Chris Christie or the sleazy guy suing Eli

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/giants-gave-michael-strahan-fake-super-bowl-jersey-lawsuit-article-1.2561986

I 100% agree with Eli Manning on this one

Q: Are you angry to be portrayed this way?

A: Definitely. It is one thing to write about my football or my play— when you are attacking my integrity, it definitely makes me angry.

I will add that I reviewed the court filing by Eric Inselberg.   If you believe him everyone in the Giants organization is a liar or a crook or both and he is the one honest man in America
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:59:53 PM by MightyGiants »
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

JoeP

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 34
  • I wanted to take a knee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 05:16:28 PM »
Eli's quote from the last paragraph in today's NYP article by Schwartz.

..."I owed Steiner jerseys---I did not receive any benefits from that and that was just part of my agreement, but I never personally sold or made any money off a jersey or helmet."

This statement has lots of lawyerly terms of art (weasel words). Eli did a nice job repeating them exactly as written.

I doubt Steiner was giving the items away. I suspect they were sold for thousands of $$$.
WHY did Eli "owe jerseys (worth thousands of $$$) to Steiner?
What exactly does Eli's "Agreement" (Contract) Say?
Who ended up with the proceeds from the sale?

Me thinks Eli doth protest too much about his virtue. Usually a sign that everything is not totally on the up and up.

BTW, Where is our buddy Hanlon's protestation of innocence?
The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:25:37 PM by JoeP »

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 193
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 05:41:14 PM »
Yeah Joe, so many loose ends here... :suspious:

JoeP

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 06:49:16 PM »
Even a sleazy memorabilia dealer is entitled to have his claims heard and adjudicated in a court of law.

This smelly mess has been bubbling away for a few years. In the real world, this sort of rubbish should/would have been settled with no admission of wrong doing in a matter of months. However, a settlement of ANY sort, would immediately cast some doubt on the authenticity of Steiner's authentic game worn jock straps. Which would upset the geniuses who dump big money on this sort of stuff.

It is clear, to anyone who wishes to see, that the NYG and Eli are probably the ones who have been delaying a day of reckoning. Hey, you never know, plaintiffs run out of money or drop dead every day. It was worth a try.

I must admit that I am keen to hear the CONTEXT of Eli's email under oath.

afan56

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 77
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 07:32:03 PM »
There's a lotta information floating around. I'll Reserve judgment until all the facts are in.
This past weekend one of my Posse informed me that there's photographic evidence proving the helmets are not game authentic gear. Some sort of detail is absent from the helmets that were sold, as opposed to the helmets worn in a game. That's just what I heard, so take it with a grain of salt.

Will you name your posse and present the photographic evidence? If not you should not put it out there Jaime.

JoeP

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 08:32:46 PM »
Facts are stubborn things in the age of HDTV. Rest easy the truth of the matter will be know.

Painter

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 238
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 09:05:09 PM »
Please, Jaime. Spare us references to your posse. They have even less credibility than the media and their bogus sources. Think for yourself, speak for yourself, and expect to be judged by your peers on that basis. That applies to us all even those without a posse, crew, homies, alter ego, or aint nothin' withouts

Cheers!

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2017, 09:27:30 AM »
Jamie and Joe,

I have no idea why you would back the sleazy dirtbag over Eli Manning

Attorneys representing the New York Giants and Eli Manning have fired back, filing a motion stating that "relevant evidence" was intentionally omitted to create the impression that the quarterback was complicit in a game-used memorabilia scheme.

The main reason for the most recent filing was to ask the judge to uphold a previous agreement by all parties that prohibited information marked as confidential to be publicly reviewed. McCarter & English claim that the quotes presented by the plaintiffs were "cherry-picked" to paint the defendants in a bad light.

The claim was part of a brief filed Wednesday in Bergen County (New Jersey) that alleged Manning's emails were mischaracterized for the purpose of disparaging him and the Giants, according to court documents obtained by ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19212353/new-york-giants-eli-manning-accuse-memorabilia-dealer-omitting-evidence
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 09:34:23 AM by MightyGiants »
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

Bob In PA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 421
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 09:32:02 AM »
Jamie and Joe,

I have no idea why you would back the sleazy dirtbag over Eli Manning

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19212353/new-york-giants-eli-manning-accuse-memorabilia-dealer-omitting-evidence

Rich: That's putting it mildly.  Bob

JoeP

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2017, 11:51:19 AM »
Rich: That's putting it mildly.  Bob

Happy to explain it, to you both.

The USA has this silly notion of all citizens having Equal Protection Under the Law.

Sorry to say, Super Bowl Trophies and MVP awards are not a viable defense against fraud allegations.

Read the complaint and you will see that this goes well beyond Eli.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/203417416/The-complain-against-the-New-York-Giants-and-Eli-Manning#fullscreen&from_embed

The facts of the matter will be determined at trial, as they should be.

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2017, 11:58:00 AM »

The USA has this silly notion of all citizens having Equal Protection Under the Law.

Sorry to say, Super Bowl Trophies and MVP awards are not a viable defense against fraud allegations.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/203417416/The-complain-against-the-New-York-Giants-and-Eli-Manning#fullscreen&from_embed

Joe,

I live by the value that a man's reputation means something.   That how they lived their lives gives them the benefit of the doubt as well as the inverse.

So you can choose to believe (without any evidence) a man that has been indicted for fraud, screwed over his friends by declaring bankruptcy and not paying back their loans, has made outlandish claims of inventing special football helmets and marketing (a patent means something is unique, it does not mean it actually works or is viable) and accused nearly every person in the Giants organization of lyings and criminal wrong doing (not to mention his claim the Giants stole one of his patents and they didn't give him a 3% commission because he claims to know the heads of one of the biggest banks and he claims he got them to sponsor the Giants).... 

Me I will back the man who has lived nearly his entire life in the public eye and has shown himself to be a good and honorable family man who has given countless hours to many charities.   

As I said in a he said he said situation people's reputations matter

Also Joe how to you justify the man you claim is so good and honest violating the judge's orders and leaking out of context emails?

One other thing Joe, while touting equal protection, you might want to remember the "silly notion" that people are presumed innocent until proven guilty
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 12:07:30 PM by MightyGiants »

Bob In PA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 421
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2017, 12:19:34 PM »

Joe:  I see where you're coming from, but I urge you to differentiate between allegations and facts.

A civil complaint is merely a bunch of allegations which (unless proven in court) aren't worth the price of the paper on which they're written.

Generally, there is no penalty for filing a complaint full of lies (unless malice can be proven, in which case the attorney might find himself the subject of a lawsuit for defamation and/or abuse of civil process).

Right now, after reading that complaint, I'd say there is a greater chance that the plaintiff's counsel will be sued for filing that specious complaint than there is that Eli Manning will be found liable for damages.

Bob

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2017, 12:58:20 PM »
Joe:  I see where you're coming from, but I urge you to differentiate between allegations and facts.

A civil complaint is merely a bunch of allegations which (unless proven in court) aren't worth the price of the paper on which they're written.

Generally, there is no penalty for filing a complaint full of lies (unless malice can be proven, in which case the attorney might find himself the subject of a lawsuit for defamation and/or abuse of civil process).

Right now, after reading that complaint, I'd say there is a greater chance that the plaintiff's counsel will be sued for filing that specious complaint than there is that Eli Manning will be found liable for damages.

Bob

Spot on Bob.  I was once told the same thing by a lawyer.  People suing you can tell all sorts of lies about you with little to no retribution. 

JoeP

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2017, 02:38:42 PM »
I don't have a dog in this fight. I honestly don't care who wins or loses and to what degree.

I read Eli's lawyerly weasel worded statement, and it would make me want to count my spoons. But I am a suspicious SOB.

There are multiple Giant employees, Executives and an Owner of the "founding family" named in the allegations of this law suit. That is the simple fact of the matter. I have no idea whether or not, any or all of the allegations, have ANY validity.

Frankly, you don't either. This is why it will be settled in a Court of Law based upon the evidence.

dflogan

• Starter
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2017, 03:35:35 PM »
"The facts of the matter will be determined at trial, as they should be."

"This is why it will be settled in a Court of Law based upon the evidence."

You keep telling us to wait for the trial, Joe -- yet you don't seem content to do so yourself... instead implying wrong-doing on Eli's part based on, what?  A potentially out-of-context email leaked by the plaintiff, and a quote from Eli that you feel is too 'lawyerly'?

...yeah, no rush to judgement there, right?