Author Topic: Reese says he'll move up in draft if can  (Read 769 times)

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 210
    • View Profile
Re: Reese says he'll move up in draft if can
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 08:03:45 PM »
todge, yes I did. The games leading up to the draft are endless. We never will know what motivates what to happen or not to happen? :-??

JoeP

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 32
  • I wanted to take a knee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2017, 08:51:50 PM »
When JR actually says something meaningful about the Draft, I will faint from surprise.

files58

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 82
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 09:52:09 PM »
Maybe JR wants to move the Giants' draft desk closer to the stage if he can?  ;)

state_property

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 07:56:54 AM »
state: Are you saying they might pretend to be interested in trading up in order to cajole other teams to trade up, so that a player might fall to them at pick 23?  Bob

that's EXACTLY what I'm saying.  They need to make it work for them this time...it has worked against them the last 3 or 4 drafts..starting with them wanting Maclin and "settling" for Nicks.

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 1176
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 08:55:12 AM »
Here is what Jerry Reese said and it's nothing like the article from PFT (who seems to be going back to it's National Enquirer of football roots)

Q: I don’t think you have ever traded in the first round. Is there a reason for that and what is your philosophy?

A: If we have an opportunity to trade in the first round, we will do that. But right now, we will just kind of let the board fall like it does and if we feel like we want to move up to get somebody, then we will move. It costs to move up, though. If you are going to move up, then you are going to give up a lot of draft picks to move up. Even if you move up just a couple of spots, you have to give up some draft picks to do that and we like taking our picks, but if there is somebody up there that we love and we think we can move up to get, then we will keep those options open.
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"