News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH 2017 Draft Podcast, Featuring UKGiantsfan Ceri Dovey

Started by Ed Vette, April 23, 2017, 12:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

This week our Guest is Ceri Dovey. Ceri is a Draft Expert who has been producing Draft Reports for over 15 years and this year his report can be found on the publication of Inside Football. Ed, Brian and Rich Host the Podcast discussing players by position and the Giants needs. Please post you follow up questions and discussion here:

https://tinyurl.com/BBH-2017Draft-Preview

Edit by Rich:

Here are the times Ceri talks about the various positions:

Offensive line 4:25
Tight Ends  12:07
Defensive Tackle 23:55
Defensive End/Edge Rusher 36:16
Lineback 48:45
Defensive Backs 1:00:00
Quarterbacks 1:11:00
Running Backs 1:16:30
Wide Receiver 1:29:15
Ceri's picks for the Giants 1:34:23
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I highly recommend this podcast.  Ceri is gold when it comes to offering up first-hand draft perspectives. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 23, 2017, 01:12:58 PM
I highly recommend this podcast.  Ceri is gold when it comes to offering up first-hand draft perspectives. 

Rich: I listened to the whole thing and can verify your remarks.  A whole lot of information for those who are interested.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Thanks for putting in the time slots, Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

gregf

Great stuff Ceri! (Prounounced with a K)
The first round OT prospects are intetesting. Do the Giants see an upgrade over Flowers?  Or do we wait till the second to grab Dawkins or Morton? 
DT pickings look even slimmer. I wouldn't be disappointed if we get a DE somewhere to rotate in on 3 downs and find a big body for 1st two downs.
TE. Can Engram last to our pick in the ad 2nd?
I haven't finished the full podcast yet, but much appreciated!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Painter

That is impressive, Gents. Ed Vette, you are a natural. Well done.

Ceri is a treasure. To say that he knows what he is talking about is an understatement. To the extent that the information was available, his responses were fact based and well conceived. Not once did I sense that he had to bluff an answer which is rare in such situations including those involving the highly paid and publicized.

That podcast does BBH proud, Rich. Kudos to everyone who put the event together.

Cheers!

squibber

Was Ceri a paid writer/reporter for 15 years?

I'd like to know how Ceri came to love football.  He is a Brit, right?

Ed Vette

I have to sat that Ceri gave an outstanding interview. He was a pleasure to work with as his answers just flowed so well and without pause. The content was all tailored for the Giants. I have to give a big shout out and a Tip of the Cap to Ceri for his preparation and for making himself available!  :ok:
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Just a heads up. We're going to post this everyday on a new thread so it hits our Twitter Feed. Please bear with the duplication but it's the best way to get it out there for Ceri, and for the site. 

Thank you.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

UKGiantsFan

Thanks to Ed, Rich and Brian. It was fun! Will do one post draft as well :ok:

weeze

oops, I commented at the post above.
Hey no kidding, GREAT JOB YOU guys!!!!! iM IMPRESSED!BUT THEN WHAT ELSE CAN YOU EXPECT FROM THE BEST GIANTS SITE IN THE WORLD!
Thank you for all the hard work and great job......ypu should be the winner of the first "Golden FACE GUARD" award for BEST PODCAST ON THR GIANTS ON THE NET!
thanks again you guys!
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

squibber

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on April 24, 2017, 10:22:19 AM
Thanks to Ed, Rich and Brian. It was fun! Will do one post draft as well :ok:

I vote for Ceri to be heir apparent to Jerry Reece's job.  Hip, hip, hurray!

Hadron

I didn't get a chance to listen to the full show but what I heard was outstanding!

gambit_1

Yea I listened to this podcast. Ceri is so football knowledgeable. What an expert!! I really learned alot from this podcast. Suggestion: have him on weekly during the season if possible. Great, amazing job Rich, Ed, & Brian!!

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

TXGiant

Thanks for taking the time to put together that incredible podcast! Great work!