News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

My 'Giants only' Draft Value Board

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 25, 2017, 08:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

For those of you who have taken the time to listen to the podcast I thank you as it saved me an awful lot of writing in order to get my views across as to positions I think the Giants should consider, the type of players that I believe are 'fits' and where I would consider taking them.

My complete 'Giants only' draft board is below. Simple premise really. Those not selected by other teams that aren't taken by the Giants in the designated round drop down to be the top targets in the following round. As we take a player at a position of need those playing the same position come 'off the board' altogether reducing the talent pool available.

There purposely aren't any WR's, G's, C's or FB's listed by design as I don't believe we will take on additional help at those positions. Similarly, I don't believe we'd select a QB before the 3rd round - and I see very few 'fits' for our drop-back passing scheme who have the talent to succeed Eli in a couple of years time - or a DB though as espoused in another thread earlier today if we did look at a corner USC's Adoree Jackson would be the lone one I'd consider, and largely because he has amazing return skills and could help offer big plays on ST's without the need to risk OBJ.

Additionally, with the exception of Cam Robinson, I have removed all those with first round talent who also have 'red flags' be they for character, injury or motivational issues as I can't see us selecting one of them.

Have at it!

The Chief

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

UKGiantsFan

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dumpster Dan

Ceri

Bottom line

If the Giants get seven players from this list, in any order, they will have had a very productive draft

DD

gregf

Great work as always!  Thanks so much!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

The Chief

TXGiant

Ceri, incredible work, as always, on your draft analysis. I will disclose up front that I am very biased with regard to this topic but I have one question: I realize this draft is a RB heavy class but why have you largely overlooked Khalid Abdullah from JMU?  He had an amazing college career (until this year splitting carries) and is the kind of versatile RB that could thrive in the Giants offense. I'm not suggesting we would draft Khalid early, but in round 7 or as a preferred FA he could be gem. He is a stellar person off the field- and the Giants had him in for a visit.

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/espn-s-kiper-likes-khalid

Doc16LT56

George Kittle is the TE the Giants need. Round 3 --- PLEASE let this happen!

Bob In PA

Quote from: Doc16LT56 on April 26, 2017, 10:44:57 PM
George Kittle is the TE the Giants need. Round 3 --- PLEASE let this happen!

Doc:  Kittle is also one of my favorite players in this draft.  I suppose it could happen, but the Giants haven't had much recent success selecting players from Iowa (my second-favorite Big Ten school).  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

tonyt830

Thanks UK!  One question though. I know you have Watkins and Adams listed as 4th rd targets.  Do you think the 3rd rd for either would be a reach?

umassgrad

This is great! I will have this open to see how we do tomorrow.

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: tonyt830 on April 27, 2017, 01:36:18 AM
Thanks UK!  One question though. I know you have Watkins and Adams listed as 4th rd targets.  Do you think the 3rd rd for either would be a reach?

Yes, that's why they're in R4 not R3  :laugh:

Quote from: TXGiant on April 26, 2017, 05:43:08 PM
Ceri, incredible work, as always, on your draft analysis. I will disclose up front that I am very biased with regard to this topic but I have one question: I realize this draft is a RB heavy class but why have you largely overlooked Khalid Abdullah from JMU?  He had an amazing college career (until this year splitting carries) and is the kind of versatile RB that could thrive in the Giants offense. I'm not suggesting we would draft Khalid early, but in round 7 or as a preferred FA he could be gem. He is a stellar person off the field- and the Giants had him in for a visit.

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/espn-s-kiper-likes-khalid

The list isn't exhaustive. It's pretty deep but there are a few people I could have added at T like Adam Bisnowaty (Pitt) or Conor McDermott (UCLA) who will both go in R4/5 as well as at other positions but for Eli's sake I hope we're not getting into deeper fallback options at that position!! I don't know Abdullah. I've actually seen everyone play that is on my board!

londonblue

My ESPN stats geek cousin is convinced Garcia is not getting out of round 2 in a weak OT draft class it is his belief he may be the best after one year of NFL strength and technique work. He thinks that view is now quite widely shared on the to side but how teams see it is anyone's guess.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.