News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

My 'Giants only' Draft Value Board

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 25, 2017, 08:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: londonblue on April 27, 2017, 06:56:59 AM
My ESPN stats geek cousin is convinced Garcia is not getting out of round 2 in a weak OT draft class it is his belief he may be the best after one year of NFL strength and technique work. He thinks that view is now quite widely shared on the to side but how teams see it is anyone's guess.

I might be a little low on Garcia but he's a pass blocker only in my mind too weak to make much of an impact in the running game.

JoeP

USAFgiant

Ceri,

Long time follower, but I don't post much.  Question: If I read your board correctly, I infer you must be reasonably happy, correct?

+ In R1, we got TE Evan Engram, a guy in a higher level (Pro Bowl).
+/- In R2, we got DT Davlin Tomlinson, a guy you targeted for R2.
- In R3, we got QB Davis Webb, a guy not not on your board.
+ In R4, we got RB Wayne Gallman, a guy in a higher level (R3).
- In R5 and R6, we got guys you didn't target but at positions of need.

Granted, they may not have been in the order you wanted, but they seem like reasonable picks:
+ TE to beat the Cover 2 looks that consistently contained the O last year.
+ DT who's big, strong, ready to plug in and play now, and who wowed the staff during interviews (unlike Cunningham).
+/- QB who McAdoo liked and who can develop over time.
+ RB to complement Perkins.
+/- DE with classic Giants DE frame and twitch from a small program with big program pedigree and off-field issues that are presumably behind him.
+/- OT with a lot of experience giving an immediate chance to be a swing tackle along with some upside if he reverts to pre-2016 form.

My take is this was a solid haul: Nothing spectacular, with no obvious mistakes, but with some upside potential on several picks, most notably Webb.

What do you think?

gregf

Nice post USAF!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk