News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Second Round of the Draft

Started by Bob In PA, May 02, 2017, 12:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TONKA56

Let us not forget when the Giants  let Christian Peter walk and plugged in Cornelius Griffin to supposedly give more of a pass rush. The run d suffered. 

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

Quote from: TONKA56 on May 03, 2017, 11:23:45 AM
Let us not forget when the Giants  let Christian Peter walk and plugged in Cornelius Griffin to supposedly give more of a pass rush. The run d suffered. 

Points for the age of your reference.  Tonka you have a better memory than I do   =D>
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 03, 2017, 11:26:53 AM
Points for the age of your reference.  Tonka you have a better memory than I do   =D>

Tonka: I seriously envy your outstanding memory.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

babywhales

Quote from: TONKA56 on May 03, 2017, 11:23:45 AM

"His workouts were unbelievable. We saw him as a certain first-rounder", said Giants General Manager Ernie Accorsi
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Jaime

Selection of a DT in the second round was a must have. I was not in favor of resigning Hankins. Good run stuffer, but that's it. He wasn't a good fit as a three technique DT. I was hoping that somebody would come along and give him the ridiculous contract he was insisting on. I really was starting to lose faith until the Colts gave him what I couldn't believe my ears was. We were offering supposedly 6 mil per? How the Colts believe he's worth ten per, good luck. So I was happy when he was gone. Absent upgrade alternatives for a 3-technique DT in FA, I knew our only alternative was the Draft. So when we took a DT with the 55th  overall selection I was stoked. Wormley was my choice in my Mock for the second round. But I have to say, JR and Co. r pretty good when it comes to drafting DL so, I acquiesce to their selection.

But there's another reason why I'm happy to find a plug-in 3 technique DT in the draft. Even if we had signed Hankins it would have been for 6 mil per. Now we're paying our starting DT, what 800k? Gotta like that math! I would however like to find a Cap friendly backup  DT when the cuts occur. Because,  our current depth won't cut the mustard. :goteam:

brownelvis54

2nd round player ??   Chase Winovich
The KING is in the building

rexhandler

i like cameron brown from ohio state in 2nd rnd