Author Topic: Weekend Mailbag: Call for Questions  (Read 316 times)

Pat_Traina

• Rookie
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 30
    • View Profile
    • Inside Football
Weekend Mailbag: Call for Questions
« on: May 19, 2017, 03:02:19 PM »
Hello BBH!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week, especially those of us in the NE where the weather has finally turned or the better.

I'm looking for a few solid questions for this weekend's mailbag beyond the usual, "Any interest in [insert player's name here]?"

Since you guys and gals submitted such great questions for me for the podcast I did with Rich, Ed and Brian, I'm reaching out to you again. If you could get your questions to me (or post them here) by  noon Saturday, I'll run with what I have.

Thanks so much!

Patti

Patricia Traina
Editor, Inside Football
www.insidefootball.com
Twitter: @Patricia_Traina

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 425
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Mailbag: Call for Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 03:22:26 PM »
Has there been any insight into the backup plan for the possibility that Eric Flowers is not the answer at Left Tackle? Will the Giants leave him there for the season or will there possibly be a change at the Bye Week and who might that be? Or...it's not a topic for discussion from the Brass.

Do you see the Giants passing on the Fullback position again this year and is there any faith in the pass protection of this RB Group?

Who is your dark horse undrafted FA signing going into training camp to have a shot of making the final 53?   
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Uni

• Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 92
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 04:16:53 PM »
On paper, Brandon Marshall is a huge upgrade over a miscast Victor Cruz, but this is his fifth team and 12th season. Does he have enough left in the tank and are there any locker room concerns? He seems to have cleaned up his off the field problems a long time ago, but he's also outworn his welcome four times. Is Marshall going to spark an offensive resurgence for the Giants?

bamagiantfan

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 04:55:35 PM »
Last year at this time, Ben McAdoo was learning how to be a Head Coach - establishing the structure and organization of camps and practices, dealing with the defensive coaches, increased exposure and time with the media, delegating responsibilities, etc... With a year as a Head Coach now behind him, what was the biggest thing(s) he learned from that transitional period?
Go Giants!

Dennis

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 07:55:18 PM »
With all the added pass catching options (Marshall, Engram, Vereen back from injury, Sheppard and Adams back in their sophomore year) and with the promise of an improved and more dependable running game, will Odell Beckham see a reduction in targets?

If everything works well for the offense, will Beckham actually see a reduction in production?

The explanation for last year was that Beckham was the most certain target for Eli to throw to without a run game.  Isn't that the whole point of all that has occurred this off season with the additions to the offense?

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 179
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 09:19:43 PM »
What if anything, could force McAdoo to relinquish his play-calling? :surrender:

bighitterdalama

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 01:09:25 AM »
Patti, my question involves the cornerback position. No question that DRC, Janoris Jenkins, and Eli Apple represent one of the strongest CB trios in the NFL; many (myself included) consider them to be the best. As a rule, Spags carries five CBs on his defensive roster. In 2016, he began the season with Leon Hall and Trevin Wade as numbers 4 and 5, then added Coty Sensabaugh as a sixth midway through the season. These last three are now no longer on the roster: Hall and Wade are unsigned and Sensabaugh is on the Steelers. At present, the only other corners on the roster with any NFL experience are David Hunter and Valentino Blake. In addition, they have last year's rookie UDFA Donte Deayon, who spent the season on the practice squad. Do you see any chance that Hall and/or Wade might be re-signed? If not, do think that the Giants feel they are set with Blake and Hunter as #4 and #5? Might the Giants still be in the hunt for additional veteran CBs? And could you see Deayon, who played well last preseason and came close to making the final cut, as a possible CB/slot CB option?

Brian/Big Hitter
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 01:33:51 AM by bighitterdalama »

Mr. Matt

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 285
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 02:43:43 PM »
What do those inside the Giants organization think was the reason why they were dismantled in the Green Bay playoff game? All their games had been close up to that point, and the defense never unraveled like that. Was it a reflection of a deeper issue Green Bay unmasked which other teams may exploit this season?

jerseyguy

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »
What if anything, could force McAdoo to relinquish his play-calling? :surrender:
good question and one I would also like to know the answer..

Philosophers

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 121
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 12:55:27 AM »
What newer offensive innovations do you see on the horizon in the NFL which appear interesting to you?

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 425
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 07:49:14 AM »
Here is the Mailbag link:

https://insidefootball.com/reader-mailbag-pre-ota-edition/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin