Author Topic: FTWD Season 3  (Read 547 times)

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 509
    • View Profile
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
Re: FTWD Season 3
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 08:05:58 AM »
They killed off a major character in Travis. That was a surprise. Who trusts Jeremiah? I don't but he's keeping the group close instead of tossing them. Nick is an idiot but Frank Dillane plays the role well. I think Kim Dickens is a mediocre actress. The crying scenes were so fake.

There is something missing with this show and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's a combination of a lot of things. Some of the acting is sub-optimal, most of the characters don't seem to be endearing, there is a absence of music accentuating moments although there has been more of late... It just seems to not be hitting on all cylinders. Still worth watching for me but it doesn't leave me wanting for more.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 65
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 10:32:02 AM »
I think its the writing mostly
2 hours and what happened? they get jumped by a group that likes to shoot people in a shower room for no apparent reason. The head guy of the group has a father who has a semi secured ranch so they all are forced to go there. On the way they kill off a main character but gain no story line from the  death.
 Ok , shoot , we all could've gone and smoked a joint and written a more interesting story line then this, especially in a 2 hour episode. Major waste with the death of a main character for no apparent storyline.
 Pretty shoddy I think.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 11:03:57 AM »
I think its the writing mostly
2 hours and what happened? they get jumped by a group that likes to shoot people in a shower room for no apparent reason. The head guy of the group has a father who has a semi secured ranch so they all are forced to go there. On the way they kill off a main character but gain no story line from the  death.
 Ok , shoot , we all could've gone and smoked a joint and written a more interesting story line then this, especially in a 2 hour episode. Major waste with the death of a main character for no apparent storyline.
 Pretty shoddy I think.

Good point. If it was a less important character, then ok. What they didn't do was to follow up to the ground so they did leave it open ended but he appeared to be disemboweled besides the neck shot. I didn't catch Talking Dead yet so I don't know if they commented on it.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 08:26:14 PM »
Considering that was a 2 episode season opener I fail to see the establishment of a new story line. The "Ranch" sure isn't going to do it.
 Now supposedly the time line is that Fear is only about 40 days into the apocalypse, Sherriff Rick would still be in his coma. Still it just doesn't seem to want to go anywhere.
 AXS tv is currently running the SONS OF ANARCHY, the whole show in order. I saw the first season when it came out but for season 2 they wouldn't let you watch it on the net. so I haven't seen most of it. At least its still sort of interesting but its doing the same thing, kind of going on and on and on without any real changes in the story line.
 Fortunately the Rays games are on FOX SPORTS FLORIDA which I get with my sports package so I try to keep current with them. That'll do the summer till football starts up again and the real Walking Dead starts again. AND that show needs to get going also , not to hot on Negan who everyone said was this huge addition to the show, well maybe in the comics he was big but in the TV show he is just  another villain that anyone could bump off if they wanted to. all it takes is one bullet to the back of the head right? Lets hope the show gets back to great story telling instead of over the top violence, and in my humble opinion violence for violence sakes. Its a TV show, how violent he is isn't going to make me dislike him any more then I already do.
 PLUS I've got a Gottleib KING OF DIAMONDS that I'm just about to start the cabinet restoration, games totally torn apart. new parts ordered and received. parts to be chromed are at the  chrome shop in Tennessee, its a '65 I think, what is called a "add a ball" with playing cards that pop up in the back glass as you hit the targets, real cool and pretty rare game,
 As a matter of fact SLG and I are going cross state to drop off a 62 Bally I sold and picking up a '71 "ASTRO that I'm going to restore. Then I have a couple other 60s Gottleibs to restore a BATTER UP and a FLIPPER POOL, both are also "add a ball" models. If you want to see pictures of the games I'm restoring go to a site called IPDB or Internet Date pinball base  and type in the name of the game. Im pretty much just doing 60s Gottliebs that have back glass animation and/or add a balls. ADD a BALL games were only sold in 2 states, one of which was New York because of gambling laws. THis makes the production rums of these particular models usually in the 100s instead of the "extra game" games that were identical, they just changed the names and thy gave you a free game instead of a free ball when you made a "SPECIAL"
 These games if I work on the restoration back to back so to speak are a years worth of work, with the back I can only do so much at a time.
 SO ED, this is what Im doing now that all the TV sucks! And how about the rest of you guys?
How about you?
best regards to all
Weeze and his dawg Betsy

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 538
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 04:14:39 PM »
It has taken me almost a week to really get enough interest to start watching this series again. I really can't say why exactly, but I just don't get excited about it.
 I won't even comment on the storylines because I have given this some thought about why I, or several of us, or maybe all of us, really haven't taken a real liking to this show. I can only speak for myself, but my major conclusion is that I really don't care if ANY of the character die, survive or whatever. As I said, I did some thinking about some of the shows I watch, have watched, and  even oldies. One thing that was common in all the series that I really liked is that I cared about the characters. Go back to even All in the Family, Cheers, MASH, Hill Street Blues just to name a few oldies. I cared about all the characters, even the ones I may not have liked. Take that to more present times with Breaking Bad, Saul, TWD. we care about all the characters and we watch maybe rooting for some of them. I watch shows like Survivor and The Amazing Race, and you can probably add most reality based shows to this. We watch and we find people to root for and are disappointed if they lose and are elated if they win. Now take that to FTWD, --is there ONE character on this show that we would cringe if they were killed off.??? Travis was probably the nicest guy and the main character and he dies, and I couldn't care less. Chris is such an unlikable character, to me, even guys like Strand are just there, but if they weren't, who cares. This show does nothing for me. So why do I watch, maybe I would hope it would get more like TWD and make me want to watch, but each week it doesn't and I think I'm done. I would rather watch the Biggest Loser, or repeats of Sex in the City then this trash. A show is doomed when it's main character is killed off and no one even blinks an eye, and basically yawns about it.

BOO -----Fear the Walking Dead.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 10:34:31 AM »
It has taken me almost a week to really get enough interest to start watching this series again. I really can't say why exactly, but I just don't get excited about it.
 I won't even comment on the storylines because I have given this some thought about why I, or several of us, or maybe all of us, really haven't taken a real liking to this show. I can only speak for myself, but my major conclusion is that I really don't care if ANY of the character die, survive or whatever. As I said, I did some thinking about some of the shows I watch, have watched, and  even oldies. One thing that was common in all the series that I really liked is that I cared about the characters. Go back to even All in the Family, Cheers, MASH, Hill Street Blues just to name a few oldies. I cared about all the characters, even the ones I may not have liked. Take that to more present times with Breaking Bad, Saul, TWD. we care about all the characters and we watch maybe rooting for some of them. I watch shows like Survivor and The Amazing Race, and you can probably add most reality based shows to this. We watch and we find people to root for and are disappointed if they lose and are elated if they win. Now take that to FTWD, --is there ONE character on this show that we would cringe if they were killed off.??? Travis was probably the nicest guy and the main character and he dies, and I couldn't care less. Chris is such an unlikable character, to me, even guys like Strand are just there, but if they weren't, who cares. This show does nothing for me. So why do I watch, maybe I would hope it would get more like TWD and make me want to watch, but each week it doesn't and I think I'm done. I would rather watch the Biggest Loser, or repeats of Sex in the City then this trash. A show is doomed when it's main character is killed off and no one even blinks an eye, and basically yawns about it.

BOO -----Fear the Walking Dead.

The reason I don't care is I don't like the characters. Last night's show was better and the Madison and Troy relationship developing into a Mother-Son is interesting. I'm starting to warm up to Jeremiah. I'm disappointed in the Strand Character who I thought would be a leader but he's a mess. I still will watch it as I'm expecting it to get better. I like the show. i just don't love it. Not yet at least.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 08:55:03 PM »
Did they raid SONS of ANARCHY for actors? Ive counted 3 so far.
 Mr. Otto, whoever the ranch owner is,
Madison
 and I believe I saw Jax's wife cruising aroung at the end of last weeks episode.

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 10:23:43 PM »
This was the absolute best episode of the series.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »
suppose it was because Blades' character was back? at least he can act!
 now granted I was working on a pinball playfield in the ole living room[something one can get away with if not married} and wasn't paying as close attention as I would if I was watching TWD> I got pretty confused there. why did the woman recognize Salazar? did she know him from back at the winery/hacienda?
 about half way thru the episode I realized I was having a problem with who was who.
 the idea that in Northern Mexico, as place that never sees lightning except from a hurricane that someone would get hit by lightning at night, when its dry, hasn't been raining, no watger in the river, well ok I can take it, its fiction what the heck.
 It did move at a good pace I must say.
 so now Salazar is King of the Agua? KOA? campgrounds of America?
  TWD is so much better, but, I keep watching so it still better then most of the shows on syndicated tv.

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 04:01:41 PM »
suppose it was because Blades' character was back? at least he can act!
 now granted I was working on a pinball playfield in the ole living room[something one can get away with if not married} and wasn't paying as close attention as I would if I was watching TWD> I got pretty confused there. why did the woman recognize Salazar? did she know him from back at the winery/hacienda?
 about half way thru the episode I realized I was having a problem with who was who.
 the idea that in Northern Mexico, as place that never sees lightning except from a hurricane that someone would get hit by lightning at night, when its dry, hasn't been raining, no watger in the river, well ok I can take it, its fiction what the heck.
 It did move at a good pace I must say.
 so now Salazar is King of the Agua? KOA? campgrounds of America?
  TWD is so much better, but, I keep watching so it still better then most of the shows on syndicated tv.

You may wan to see it again. Daniel met the woman because she treated his leg when she scrapped the burnt crud off of it. The flashback to his survival after the fire was something they haven't done much of up to this point. Relationships are forming. This episode was as good as almost any WD episode. The lighting was a stretch but is was a storm and that put in Daniel's head that maybe God forgives him of his sins of the past. 
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 01:32:13 PM »
AHA! I get it like the blind carpenter that picked up his hammer and saw!
 Yeah it was the best one thyve done. gotta remember they have to write these scripts cold , unlike twd that they have the story from the comic book to draw from.
 I didn't notice the leg scraper's face enuff to recognize her later , that's where I mad emy mistake, this can happen when "working" with the TV on.
  Ok ok I AM HIP now. Still wont confuse this with TWD but I am glad Reuben Blades is back, hes the best actor on the show. I have problems accepting Madison as her acting leaves a lot to be desired in my book. BUT HEY the revamp of the GONG SHOW is starting this week. Man is that gonna suck!
 OK back to pinball repair 101, my ful time past time! 

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 02:55:15 PM »
You make a great point there weeze. There is no storyline to fall back on.

How's the leg?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 05:59:50 PM »
Well , Im back to walking my Labrador repiddler around a pretty good side block again. I haven't worn the brace in at least a month. I do wrap my knee tho sometimes. I got something going "pop" right behind the center of my kneecap and sometimes I have a strong "bone on bone" feeling in the knee. I told the doc this at the final .last xray, send the patient down the road appointment back a month and a half ago I guess its been, maybe a month, whatever.
Im thinking that when my foot got caught and I fell that my knee cap moved wuite a bit, stretched a bunch of stuff and then the kneecap returned to the right place. This would explain why there wasn't anything on the xray. My prob is that I don't know if I got something moving around in there or my fibromyalgia is just attacking a traumatized joint. AT 65 , WITH that bitchy little disease could be just attacking the joint.
 so basically I think Im doing well , but shoot, 2 hours of yard work and Im down for the count between the back and the knee.
 Live with it, walk it off. I don't have any real complaints. could be a lot worse.
so hows everything in NJ besides getting really really wet?

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2017, 09:01:09 AM »
Well , Im back to walking my Labrador repiddler around a pretty good side block again. I haven't worn the brace in at least a month. I do wrap my knee tho sometimes. I got something going "pop" right behind the center of my kneecap and sometimes I have a strong "bone on bone" feeling in the knee. I told the doc this at the final .last xray, send the patient down the road appointment back a month and a half ago I guess its been, maybe a month, whatever.
Im thinking that when my foot got caught and I fell that my knee cap moved wuite a bit, stretched a bunch of stuff and then the kneecap returned to the right place. This would explain why there wasn't anything on the xray. My prob is that I don't know if I got something moving around in there or my fibromyalgia is just attacking a traumatized joint. AT 65 , WITH that bitchy little disease could be just attacking the joint.
 so basically I think Im doing well , but shoot, 2 hours of yard work and Im down for the count between the back and the knee.
 Live with it, walk it off. I don't have any real complaints. could be a lot worse.
so hows everything in NJ besides getting really really wet?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I go on this site through Tapatalk and Rich killed the link to the Front Porch from Tapatalk because of issues with a slow site.

Lots of rain here and again today. At least we won't have a drought this year. Rain water is better for the plants, Shrubs and Grass anyway because it's highly oxygenated.

Speaking of Oxygen, this is a short book and an easy read. If you are so interested, let me know what you think about H2O2 therapy. http://eridu666.webs.com/The%20One%20Minute%20Cure.pdf

You may want to take a close look at your diet and what you take in. I remember that you drink a lot of Dr. Pepper and the reports about soft drinks are that it's a slow poison. So are processed meats. It's the additives. I'm pretty much on a vegetarian diet and no alcohol period. Gotta watch the protein intake and find other sources to get it. 
~ Coach Tom Coughlin