Author Topic: Webb going to extremes to learn Giants offense  (Read 279 times)

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 1077
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
Webb going to extremes to learn Giants offense
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:02:19 AM »
While I acknowledge it's still a long shot, I wouldn't be shocked if Webb sneaks into the number 2 slot

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/52219/davis-webb-is-going-to-extremes-trying-to-learn-the-giants-offense
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

President Rick

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 83
    • View Profile
Re: Webb going to extremes to learn Giants offense
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 08:53:01 AM »
perhaps the best thing he can do for the Giants this year is win the #2 qb role and
SAVE THE TEAM A ROSTER SPOT.  a third qb could be added later if, but let's be honest,
we only need one backup anyway, so I hope he achieves it.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

todge

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 233
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 12:16:07 PM »
I guess we will find out about Webb's readiness during the preseason. But I would be very surprised if he assumes the @2 role.  I saw Webb play in two games last year and I was not impressed.  He has to learn how to run an entirely new offense, takes snaps from under center, read defenses among another dozen things.  On the other hand, Geno Smith has shown he can run an NFL offense and I think he will clearly assume the #2 role very quickly into training camp.

andrew_nyGiants

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 12:55:28 PM »
If Webb can earn the #2, I could see Geno Smith starting for the Cleveland Browns by week #4  :D :o :surprise:

jimv

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 01:09:50 PM »
Personally, I think we'll carry three QBs; Eli, Geno & Webb.

Gmo11

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 11:22:59 AM »
He only has to beat out Geno Smith or Josh Johnson though!  If he wakes up in the morning with all his ligaments in tack he should be able to handle that.  I mean honestly....how could he NOT be able to beat them out?