Author Topic: Rhett Ellison, Evan Engram, And The Two-Tight End Offense  (Read 418 times)

UncannyGfan

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Rhett Ellison, Evan Engram, And The Two-Tight End Offense
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 02:59:21 PM »
I think Shepard will play a similar number of snaps as Steve Smith did when Toomer and Burress were starters.  Smith was off the field on early downs in favor of a FB and on the field on 3rd and long and during the hurry up offense.  He still had plenty of catches.  I predict Ellison getting about the same amount of snaps as Hedgexxxx did that season. 

For run blocking abilities, how does Ellison compare to Boss?  How will Engram's blocking from an edge position with Perkins running style be compared to Hedgexxxx's blocking with Jacobs running style?

Uni

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 03:46:39 PM »
"Hedgexxxx"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

slugsnarrows

• Reserve
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 07:56:40 PM »
I think the Ellison "injury" is something to keep a close eye on once camp opens.  With that said if this turns out like last year we do have TWO FB's also on the roster.  So we are in better shape from a blocking position going into this season then last.

As for all these different schemes it all comes down to one thing! 

BLOCKING UP FRONT!!!!

If we can't block, give Eli time, open up run lanes and have a running game, I don't care who you got on that field a one dimensional team is not going deep into the postseason.  We have a lot of weapons, but if they can't  run their routes and Eli get them the ball it's mute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 491
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 07:07:02 AM »
I think the Ellison "injury" is something to keep a close eye on once camp opens.  With that said if this turns out like last year we do have TWO FB's also on the roster.  So we are in better shape from a blocking position going into this season then last.

As for all these different schemes it all comes down to one thing! 

BLOCKING UP FRONT!!!!

If we can't block, give Eli time, open up run lanes and have a running game, I don't care who you got on that field a one dimensional team is not going deep into the postseason.  We have a lot of weapons, but if they can't  run their routes and Eli get them the ball it's mute!

No doubt about that. It's going to be be interesting in camp to see how the TE's and FB's are utilized. I'm keeping a close eye on Shane.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

slugsnarrows

• Reserve
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 07:10:35 AM »
No doubt about that. It's going to be be interesting in camp to see how the TE's and FB's are utilized. I'm keeping a close eye on Shane.

Shane's size and strength is FREAKISH!!!  I am looking forward to see how they use him!  I hope they give him a fair chance to make the team and not just ride the bench and is a camp body.