Author Topic: NFT A sad day--3 obits  (Read 148 times)

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 507
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
NFT A sad day--3 obits
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:27:22 AM »
Today, picking up my morning paper, I see 3 well know people have passed away.

Martin Landau--
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/16/movies/martin-landau-actor-academy-award-dies-89.html

I really got to know him in his role as Rollin Hand on Mission Impossible. Just a terrific actor who specialized in character actor roles but won an Oscar for his role in Ed Wood.  A big loss.

George Romero-
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/george-a-romero-night-of-the-living-dead-creator-dies-at-77/ar-BBExJNQ?OCID=ansmsnnews

Many people may not know his name very well, but most sure know his movies. Night of the Living Dead has become a classic in the horror genre and set the scale for all others that followed. Right up to TV shows such as The Walking Dead. He set the bar very high and it will be hard to find some one who can reach it.

Bob Wolf
http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/20082888/legendary-new-york-sports-broadcaster-bob-wolff-dies-96

What a joy to listen to. He has been around so long he even interviewed Babe Ruth.

May you all RIP
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Zombo

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 14
    • View Profile
Re: NFT A sad day--3 obits
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 01:24:28 PM »
agree on all Len....

grew up...in different ways...with all 3 and will always remember them all

ML - Loved the old MI and hell I loved his Entourage spots too decades later

GR scared the sh*t out of me with dead...he was a master

and BW was ALL class and a true pro

RIP to all....

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 1111
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »

George Romero-
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/george-a-romero-night-of-the-living-dead-creator-dies-at-77/ar-BBExJNQ?OCID=ansmsnnews

Many people may not know his name very well, but most sure know his movies. Night of the Living Dead has become a classic in the horror genre and set the scale for all others that followed. Right up to TV shows such as The Walking Dead. He set the bar very high and it will be hard to find some one who can reach it.

He did more than set the scale.  He essentially invented a new monster.   A monster that has become so popular many would agree that zombies are a sub genre of horror, due to the numerous films. 
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

nosebleed_section

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 06:27:08 PM »
Make it 4...

Reggie & Rollie McKenzie's dad.

DesG89

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 06:34:29 PM »
This bit of news brought me down yesterday. I grew up on Mission Impossible and Space 1999 reruns. Since I was a child in single digits of course I couldn't understand what was going on in M.I. but I loved Space 1999. R.I.P. Mr. Landau. Thank you for contributing to the love of sci-fi I have now.

And Romero? We're talking about the father of the zombie genre. There's no Walking Dead without Night of the Living Dead. I spent last night watching all his Dead movies, remembering how these movies gave me my first taste of gore. Wound up oversleeping. R.I.P. Mr. Romero. Thanks for the memories

GIANTS1

• All-Pro
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 09:43:52 AM »
I remember martin landau from hitchkocks north by northwest one of my favs. RIP