News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Podcast With Patricia Traina

Started by Ed Vette, September 20, 2017, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: AP44 on September 22, 2017, 11:07:30 PM
Pat and Ed,

I may not have been clear with my question. I was not referring to Eli running a 2 minute offense all game. I understand Pat's point about. My point is exactly as it seems. If we are going to run the 11 offense 90% of the time. Just let Eli call the plays. We dont have to snap the ball within 10 seconds, what I would like is to get to line within 10 seconds, let Eli do what he does best and see the defense and call a play. You can still take 30-35 seconds for each play, but lets get to the line and not let the defense substitute or be able to make their audibles.

Nothing is worse than huddling with the same formation, play after play. If we did go from an 11 to a 12 formation, all you need to do is tell Eli the formation, and let him pick the play. I understand he has the ability to change which side the play is run or from a pass to run and vice versa  but his audibles are usually predetermined.

Just let him call the play as he sees fit. If there is one strength to Eli is that he knows what he is saying and he is very smart. I think Ben limits what he can do.
Dale, which Quarterbacks in this league call all their own plays in this day and age? Do you think this is something Eli can adapt to after 14 years of following the play call from the sidelines? What is the downside to the QB calling his own plays. I would think he would have to rely heavily on player input in the huddle because his focus would be limited to only what he perceived and the upside would be a better feel for how the game is flowing.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

todge

Quote from: AP44 on September 22, 2017, 11:07:30 PM
Pat and Ed,

I may not have been clear with my question. I was not referring to Eli running a 2 minute offense all game. I understand Pat's point about. My point is exactly as it seems. If we are going to run the 11 offense 90% of the time. Just let Eli call the plays. We dont have to snap the ball within 10 seconds, what I would like is to get to line within 10 seconds, let Eli do what he does best and see the defense and call a play. You can still take 30-35 seconds for each play, but lets get to the line and not let the defense substitute or be able to make their audibles.

Nothing is worse than huddling with the same formation, play after play. If we did go from an 11 to a 12 formation, all you need to do is tell Eli the formation, and let him pick the play. I understand he has the ability to change which side the play is run or from a pass to run and vice versa  but his audibles are usually predetermined.

Just let him call the play as he sees fit. If there is one strength to Eli is that he knows what he is saying and he is very smart. I think Ben limits what he can do.

We do know the play calls are made by the OC/HC. Eli has the authority to change the play at the LOS. Victor Cruz was asked once how often does that happen? He said "about 50% of the time".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk