News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Q&A with Patricia Traina of Inside Football

Started by Ed Vette, November 27, 2017, 10:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Patti has offered to field your questions on this thread. Please post your question here. One post per member, please. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

With the Giants officially out of the playoffs, will the team take advantage of the lost season to give Webb some game experience and see what they have in him?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Cid in Dupont

Hi Patti, thanks as always  for doing this.   Here's my question...

Given our situation of being eliminated from the play-offs do you think we'll see Webb playing anytime soon?  There are many on this site who think he needs to play so we can evaluate him before the draft, where there may be more than one franchise type QB when we pick.
Rich, entered his seconds before me... so I'm changing my question...
Congratulations Patti Traina you have just been hired as the new GM of the New York Giants.   What do you do with your first round pick ( let's assume for this question both Darold & Rosen are coming out and you have the 2nd pick).  Do you pick one of the QBs or do you trade the picks for some more picks and try to fill in the gaps in our line up with as many 1st through 3rd picks you can get in the trade?

Thanks again...Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

AZGiantFan

Thanks for the opportunity.

Q:  does John Mara understand that a portion of the fan base is increasingly seeing him as a big part of the team's problem?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Cid in Dupont

Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

todge

What does this team do with JPP?

Do you agree that the Giants need three new starting LBers next year?  Will - Mike - Sam.

afan56

Assuming that major coaching changes are being considered, who is involved in these discussions? If Jerry Reese may be fired, who decides that? Do you expect them to wait until the season is over?

Jaime

Hey Patti, how u b?
Regarding Eli Apple, how much of this dilemma is at the feet of the coaching staff for mishandling him? And how much is on the shoulders of Apple for simply going haywire? He's a young guy under a lot of pressure with a mother that's very ill, whom obviously was a huge presence in his life.
I still believe he has the makings of an Elite Corner.
Thanks for the insight.

T200

Hi Patti,

Sullivan has called the last six games. What's your assessment of his play calling and how do you compare him to McAdoo?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

londonblue

Patti
The Giants obviously have a wide range of weaknesses and needs with very few clear strengths across O, D and ST. Do you think the Giants will try to make incremental improvements everywhere spreading their high picks/major FA additions across the roster or do you think they will focus their efforts with multiple high picks/top additions in a couple of key areas (like they did with DE, CB in 2015)?
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Ed Vette

Do you agree with the Giants auditioning Geno Smith and Davis Webb?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Do you now think that Macadon't is the front runner for worst coach EVER, overtaking 'He who shall remain nameless'? At least, 'He who shall remain nameless' had some class, this guy now wouldn't know what the word meant if he tripped over it.

So to add, do you think this decision came from the top?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Slugsy-Narrows

Who signed off on Eli being sat in favor of Geno?

Was Mara aware and did he approve?

What is the point of playing Geno and sitting the proven Eli over him?

This whole move makes zero sense for the average fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babywhales

Is Geno getting a one game start to serve as a buffer for Webb who will actually be the starter for the Cowboys game on the 10th?

What is your understanding of the defined responsibilities of the Chris Mara as the Senior Vice President of Player Personnel ?

Have you heard or have any reason to believe the Front Office set up with Chris Mara, Senior Vice President of Player Personnel and Jerry Reese as the GM and the new More hands on John Mara  create a situation with too many chefs in the kitchen?

Is the current Giants Front Office competent enough to use the upcoming draft picks efficiently and successfully to start the Post Manning Era?

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Ed Vette

Anymore questions for Patti before I send these off to her?
~ Coach Tom Coughlin