News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Q&A with Patricia Traina of Inside Football

Started by Ed Vette, November 27, 2017, 10:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 01, 2017, 10:14:35 AM
Anymore questions for Patti before I send these off to her?

Since my one question has been answered, I would like a new one:

Patti,

I have always wondered exactly what Chris Mara, Senior Vice President, Player Personnel, role in the organization is.  Can you shed any light on exactly what his roles and responsibilities are within the team's management structure? 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Here are Patti Traina's answers to the questions. Some were duplicates so she only answered one and I think I may have mistakenly left out a couple so I'm sorry about that.

Cid In Dupont
Congratulations Patti Traina you have just been hired as the new GM of the New York Giants.   What do you do with your first-round pick (let's assume for this question both Darnold & Rosen are coming out and you have the 2nd pick).  Do you pick one of the QBs or do you trade the picks for some more picks and try to fill in the gaps in our line up with as many 1st through 3rd picks you can get in the trade?

I trade down. This team has a LOT of issues to fix and very little salary cap room even if they make some of the moves I suspect they will to clear space. And I sure would like to know what I have in Davis Webb before I go investing in a quarterback if I have the second pick and don
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Thank you, Patti for doing this so late on a Saturday night!  :)
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Painter

So who bears most responsibility for the hiring of McAdoo? Was it Reese's recommendation accepted by na

Cid in Dupont

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 02, 2017, 10:08:43 PM
Thank you, Patti for doing this so late on a Saturday night!  :)
+1000...Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

Jaime

Thanks Patti for aswering my question (and others) in great detail! =D>

Thanks Ed for putting up what turned out to be a dynamite thread. :Chestram:

So Rich, the Chris Mara mystery deepens? :-??

Jaime

Paint, methinks the latter. Believe It was Mara running roughshod over everybody. He bought Slick Hook Line & Sinker. :boooo:

MightyGiants

Thank you, Patti!

Does anyone else find it funny that the team has a Senior Vice President on their staff that even long-time beat writers have no real idea what he does?

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 03, 2017, 08:28:36 AM
Thank you, Patti!

Does anyone else find it funny that the team has a Senior Vice President on their staff that even long-time beat writers have no real idea what he does?

Rich: Lots of family-run businesses have a Chris Mara or two.  Can't blame 'em.  A parent always has "hope" for his child....   Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 03, 2017, 10:59:49 AM
Rich: Lots of family-run businesses have a Chris Mara or two.  Can't blame 'em.  A parent always has "hope" for his child....   Bob

If that's the case talk about how two brothers are given different lots in life.  One brother gets ownership of the team while the other gets a nice office and a make-believe title.   Was this all a matter of which one was born first?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 03, 2017, 11:05:01 AM
If that's the case talk about how two brothers are given different lots in life.  One brother gets ownership of the team while the other gets a nice office and a make-believe title.   Was this all a matter of which one was born first?

I believe that's how England picks its monarchs.  No offense Ceri and London.  LOL
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Painter

Chris Mara has a long history in scouting and player evaluation. He plays a significant role in Giants personnel decisions yet manages to remain in the shadows. That allows him to avoid scrutiny and to focus on his race horses, I suppose. But he can't be criticized for having two rather impressive daughters. Kate and Patricia Rooney Mara. 

Cheers!

babywhales

Quote from: Painter on December 03, 2017, 11:57:53 PM
Chris Mara has a long history in scouting and player evaluation. He plays a significant role in Giants personnel decisions yet manages to remain in the shadows. That allows him to avoid scrutiny and to focus on his race horses, I suppose. But he can't be criticized for having two rather impressive daughters. Kate and Patricia Rooney Mara. 

Cheers!

I believe he owned and or managed a scouting service that at one time had half the league as his clients .

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin