News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Toney says "He's ready to go"

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, September 01, 2022, 07:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 02, 2022, 10:37:37 AMI fully agree that this tends to be true. There are, however, examples of players who were injury plagued early in their careers and then managed to go on and still have strong careers. Keenan Allen is one such example. The point being, the repeated injuries we have been seeing for Toney both in this offseason and throughout 2021 do not preclude him from going on to have an excellent career. I know you were not saying that, but I just thought it was worth pointing out an example of a player who was banged up a lot early but managed to get over it.

Exactly. Nobody can predict how Toney's career will go at this point and it's reasonable to have cautious expectations.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

TDToomer

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 02, 2022, 09:16:43 AMThe bad information put out there by those in the know, led to vaxx shaming and to this day people believe getting the vaccine will protect you from getting COVID. Yet the ignorant slam Joe Rogan and Aaron Rodgers. AR had to get tested every day while the vaxxed players once a week. They were getting COVID and he wasn't. Children were set back two years in reading by missing classes and although I don't love the Governor of Florida, he had it right.

I guess you missed the part about Rodgers having to miss a game because he.... tested positive for Covid! Then we all found out that he flat out lied about his vaccination status with his "i'm immunized" BS. If he was vaccinated he would have been out of COVID protocal in time to start the game that they lost because Julian Love sucks.

Joe Rogan, please! He's another anti-vax quack who spreads untruths on his podcast.

Ron DeathSantis is not right. He is a jerk who scolds children for wearing mask.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: TDToomer on September 02, 2022, 11:52:27 AMI guess you missed the part about Rodgers having to miss a game because he.... tested positive for Covid! Then we all found out that he flat out lied about his vaccination status with his "i'm immunized" BS. If he was vaccinated he would have been out of COVID protocal in time to start the game that they lost because Julian Love sucks.

Joe Rogan, please! He's another anti-vax quack who spreads untruths on his podcast.

Ron DeathSantis is not right. He is a jerk who scolds children for wearing mask.
Lmfao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Here is a FACT.  You are FOUR TIMES MORE LIKELY TO GET COVID if you are not vaccinated (you are also magnitudes more likely to die or require expensive hospital care if you are not vaccinated).  Knowing that FACT, go back and look at some of the terrible things that were said on this thread.

I am shutting down this thread because we agreed that Covid was not to be discussed here, and this forum was never to be used to promote misinformation about the disease or try to make matters out of men who likely killed people by using their public platform to spread DANGEROUS misinformation about a deadly disease.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 02, 2022, 10:46:16 AMI am willing to give Toney a clean slate and judge him on his performance this season with no preconceived notions or biases (at least I will try not to have bias)
Rich: I personally appreciate any attempt by any person (successful or not, although I prefer successful LOL) to exemplify and emulate a judicial temperament.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!