News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Art of Quarterbacking - By Johnny Unitas

Started by MP21WAYS2PAY, March 25, 2008, 05:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MP21WAYS2PAY

An outstanding article available from the SI vault, written by Johnny Unitas on the fundamentals of quarterbacking.  A great read for anyone with an interest in the position.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1086288/3/index.htm#top

MightyGiants

Good stuff, when it fallls off the front page, I will move it to the chalk talk board.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sam56

Chris A. always thought Johnny U was the all-time best at his trade.

Couple of times we had a discussion who in all of NFL history would we take as our number one player if we were building a team. I always said Jim Brown first and Johnny U. second, he always took Johnny U. first and Brown second.

He was the greatest fielld leader I ever saw (I would put Montana second in overall field generalship).

Grizz299

he was fun too.  I can see the hi tops,  the slight bend of the shoulders, the mincing steps as he dropped back.    Far as I'm concerned he changed the game.   Split Lenny Moore and said good bye to the full house backfield.   Alan Amech and J. L. Dupree (sp??).

Southern State Parkway,  I'm heading West somewhere just before exit 20 Grand Ave/ Baldwin.   There was a radio tower there (still is) I speeded up to avoid interference.   Blip, blip...sizzle, glish cram...  And Amache goes over from the one and the (arguably) greatest game and most defining game in the history of our sport ......ENDS.   And Gifford's legacy is forever compromised. (sorry Sam). 

One of the players moved.   Salaries were such that they all got togeher and moved his furniture in.   Some painted,  John U. worked on the floors.

LennG

Grizz

You just passed my exit. Why didn't you stop in and say hello. (Exit 17)
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Grizz299

Next time Len, 

We will do that one of these fine days.  And talk of old times and cabbages and Kings.