News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Recent NFL Supplemental Draft History

Started by dasher, July 05, 2007, 01:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dasher

I did some research on the Supplemental Draft, primarily from my library of old Ourlad's and Kiper's Guides. There have been 35 players selected in total and 8 first round picks have been used with Dave Brown being the latest in 1992.

Since 1990 there have been 14 selections:

Rob Moore WR NY Jets 1990
Willie Williams TE Phoenix 1990
Dave Brown QB NY Giants 1992
Darren Mickell DE Kansas City 1992
Tito Wooten DB NY Giants 1994
John Davis TE Dallas 1994
Darren Benson DE Dallas 1995
Mike Wahle OG Green Bay 1998
Jamal Williams DT San Diego 1998
D'Juan Cherry DB New England 1999
Milford Brown OG Houston 2002
Tony Hollings RB Houston 2003
Manuel Wright DT Miami 2005
Ahmad Brooks LB Cincinnati 2006

Regarding the eight Number 1's used by position:

QB- Dave Wilson, Bernie Kosar, Steve Walsh, Timm Rosenbach, Dave Brown
RB- Bobby Humphrey
WR- Rob Moore
LB- The Boz

Memories, anyone?

MightyGiants

I remember the Boz.   He was a beast coming out of college.  Only turns out he was a major head case that got way more publicity than he deserved.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

retrojint

That's a list with some good performers on it.  Everybody winces because of Dave Brown, but there was value on there as well.  Moore, Cherry and Wahle played in some Pro Bowls.  Brooks will start at MLB for the Bengals this season.  He's twenty pounds lighter. 

Bozworth loaded up on anabolics, didn't he?  He wore that stupid shirt that said something like, "NCAA = USSR" because they wouldn't  allow him to "challenge my body" by juicing.

He also was destroyed by Bo Jackson on that run that is shown a million times on ESPN. 

bighitterdalama

Steve,

During the 1987 Orange Bowl game, while standing on the sidelines, Bosworth wore a t-shirt that read "National Communists Against Athletes." The NCAA had banned Bosworth's participation in the game due to steroid abuse. Despite the loss of Butkus Award winner Boz, Oklahoma crushed Arkansas, 42-8.

BigHitter