News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Big Hitter Breaks Down the Drive

Started by bighitterdalama, June 01, 2008, 09:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

files58

Wonderful analysis. Thank you for the time and effort. Send a copy to TC, maybe there is a job for you in the organization breaking down film(I'm not kidding).

Iamboo

Wow.  This is a fantastic analysis, and as others have said, worthy of publication.  One of the best postings I have ever read, here or anywhere, on any subject.  To glean all of this from the NFL broadcast version of events is truly remarkable.

"Only the educated are free" - Epictetus, 1st century stoic

RemembersHuff

Quote from: jimmyz on June 01, 2008, 09:23:32 PM
This is one of the best football analysis I have ever read.   You should print it, frame it, and hand it out on x-mas.

+1, that was just outstanding. As someone who experiences the games on a visceral level and often can't even recall many details a week later, I'm just amazed when someone can sit down to review it all and pull it apart like that. Whatever real understanding of that game that I didn't learn first-hand as a young'n, I got from reading efforts like this one. Thanks, Brian.

Sem

Wow   :ok:
Excellent stuff, thanks!!
I've printed it out and will sit and watch the last drive again (for, I don't know maybe the 100th time?).   This time my perspective will be enhanced a bit.  Thank you!! 

bamagiantfan

Very nice!

and to think I thought the game plan on the final drive was "..just run at Rodney Harrison and I'll throw it to you."
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

spider68

bighitterdalama

Thank you everyone for your kind responses. A quick note. In researching the drive, I was more than mildly surprised to discover how many other

BlueMoshik

Excellent post, thanks.

Would that NFL analysis in the regular media come close to this level of analysis.

=D>