News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Phil McConkey video

Started by LennG, July 06, 2008, 05:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Anther great video about Phil McConkey and the 1986 Super Bowl.
Parcels is a riot. Can anyone ever see Coughlin saying something like that to a player????

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8008fb3d
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

bamagiantfan

Thanks for posting. McConkey was one of my favorite Giants, and Phil Simms comments were priceless.

That had to be a fun team to play for, in part because of the light hearted yet constant abuse Parcells gave almost everyone. I think it was Twain who said, "there exists an irreverance between male freinds that has never been adequately explained." Those punishing verbal blows delivered with a smile and received in kind.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

OGHWGA

loved McConkey.  He was returning a kick one time full speed and just got clotheslined and nearly killed, he got up and asked the guy who hit him, "Is that the best you got?" although he later admitted he had his bell rung.  I never knew about the gun in the post game, though.  Great clip, Lenn.

Sam56

Great clip Lenn.

And to answer your question on TC, "NO".

When wanted to be, The Tuna could be one bitingly funny guy.