News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Trivia 7-10

Started by retrojint, July 10, 2007, 08:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retrojint

There once was a game when the Giants quarterback completed 40 passes for 513 yards.  The tight end caught 12 of those for a team record.  The offense set a team record by amassing 34 first downs.  The defense held the opposition to 199 yards, including (-3) in the second half.  Amazingly the Giants lost the game.  Year and opponent please.  Would help if you could give me a score as well. 

bighitterdalama

Nailed this one. But again, I will defer.

dasher

Posada time again-
10/13/1985
week 6
at Cincinnati Bengalettes
30 - 35
Mark Bavaro of course
still the best in my book of all giants TE's
will never forget MNF against the 49ers
greatest single effort I've ever seen by a player on one play
memories

retrojint

Now gentlemen:  Sam Wyche took personal responsibility of what aspect of his team, which to that point had been flagging?  It was instrumental in the victory.  Also, who dropped a catchable (difficult  but catchable) touchdown pass by Simms that could have helped reverse the outcome? 

dasher

Now, Retro, this is a little bit difficult. I can only offer 2 guesses-
Wyche took control of special teams?
Blind in one eye Stacy Robinson?

retrojint

Boy Dasher you're doing pretty well indeed when you remember that Sam took over what had been horrendous special teams play up to that point in the season.  He employed the concept of directional or alley kicks.  George Adams (remember him?) had a decent shot at Simms' pass.