News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Big Blue Huddle BBQ

Started by LennG, August 04, 2008, 12:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrymeisner

another thing not mentioned yet.....

while he was getting ready to leave the park, ralph stated that he hoped he would be invited back to next years event.....that says a lot about the quality people on this board and to have ralph back again next year would be awesome......this is a very well spoken man , with inside knowledge of the team,  who was a pleasure to listen to....go Giants!!!!!

spider68

For me, this was the best camp ever. It was great to see Boog and Dave again, back from recess, and a great surprise to see the President and Tucker - what memories of childhood that name invokes. Great to see Bill, Cindy, and Adam  - Rocky and Linda as always.

Ralph was great - a big thanks to Lenn and Rich. Thanks Ed and Huff for cooking - again.

Drake - it was a treat to meet you. I could shot the sh*t with you for hours.

It is always a treat to see the long distance travelers - especially the Canadian road man Terry. A surely the biggest treat was the trout and the irascible Weeze who brought them.

What a memorable group of characters. What a way to end a vacations. Thanks to all.

LennG

Don't let this man kid you. he is almost as well known around training camp as Eli is. John (spider) goes to practices and everyone who is sitting there seems to know him, or remember him from the day before, the week before, the year before. John has become a fixture at Giants training camp, and with his trusty little microphone, he gets everyone involved, in his description of the action of camp. And when I request a roster of players, he automatically pulls one out. So, I needed to be a bit more demanding, I asked for one with a bigger font, so I didn't have to use my glasses, and VIOLA, John just reaches into his trusty back pack, and out it comes.
It is always a pleasure to spend the time with you and the rest of the crew, and listening to your reports. Some day I hope to hear you in the booth.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

pagan43

Lenn, I've got to agree with you about those audio reports. Listen to Spider go and tell me he's not as good or better than any professional play by play man. He's seamless, smooth and solid!

And, he's funny! ("Only Jennings was left to make the tackle, which means essentially "no one" was left to make the tackle, because Jennings couldn't stop a tackling dummy." LMFAO!)

Then I hear your voice and I'm reminded that he's sitting on the bleachers among the regular people, not in a press box somewhere! For that matter, I hear Mighty and Vette and SommersJoe chiming in there from time to time as well (although sometimes it sounds like Vette seems more focused on getting charcoals glowing under his fabulous ribs on the barbecue than the practice on the field)

People with a little time on their hands should listen in to those reports. (They've slid off to page two, as of this writing) Then tell me if Spider is not ready for primetime!

pagan43

drakew

"Websterm what was your son's name? I don't remember...gatorjuice ya know...."
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

Webster29

Drakie me boy---it's the "BIG A"   Adam

drakew

"Right right! Sorry, tell him I said hello!"
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

giantsguy

GiantsGuy is keen and sharp, he is the one really nice guy I met I would never get into an argument with, as he seems far too sharp and quick, like an old straight razor, easy to live with, but do NOT step back against it, especially at an angle, he will cut you up like a knife!

:laugh: Drake, thank you my friend for the kind words.  Although, I think my "keen and sharp" left me long ago.  Hey, you keep cooking chicken that way and you can argue with me all you want.  Those were some good eats !!!
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

mbigblue

It's a bit late to post a comment but I wanted to thank everyone who made this event worth the drive. It's always a pleasure meeting all of you Giant fans.  Even tough I'm not a big talker, I love listening to all the stories everybody has to share.  I consider myself lucky to be able to join this fine group of people and talk about our favorite club.  Too bad we are always the first one that have to leave because I would always be ready for more.  And I'm not just talking about more ribs, chicken and fish here. 

Talking of food, after hearing one person being dissapointed that we didn't bring our chips from three years ago, Martine and I tought about some specific french canadian food we could bring next year.  Especially a specific kind of desert that will make your eyes roll all over your head. 

Wishing all of you my friends a great season and we will meet again in 2009

Fred

LennG

Fred

It is always a pleasure to see you and your wonderful wife.

Now I am defiantely looking forward to next year and that dessert.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss