News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

First to...

Started by SonofMojo40, July 15, 2007, 01:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonofMojo40

Hi to all,

Okay guys, I am going to try and add my two cents of trivia to the board, and let's see if I can stump you all.

Can any of you name me the first person to slam dunk a football over the goal post? And the team and stadium it occured in?

Good luck
"I have been blessed throughout my life right from the start and those blessings were given to me from God" (Mojo40).

Peace to all,
In Christ,
Aaron

bighitterdalama

Mojo,

Strictly a guess: Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson, at Dallas Stadium?

Big Hitter

retrojint

Sounds like WRs who played high school basketball.  I remember James Lofton doing it when he was with the Packers and Michael Irvin with the Cowboys.  Both home fields because they were trying to jack up the crowd. Lambeau and Texas.  Wild guess it's one of those two.

NapoleonBlownapart

TE Morris Stroud - KC Chiefs - Old Municipal stadium - either 1970 or 1971

he was 6'10, the tallest player in the league and I think he was the first

Giant Obsession

Quote from: NapoleonBlownapart on May 11, 2021, 05:42:23 PM
TE Morris Stroud - KC Chiefs - Old Municipal stadium - either 1970 or 1971

he was 6'10, the tallest player in the league and I think he was the first

good one.  Morris was also used by Hank Stram to try and deflect long FG that crawled over the crossbar.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

NapoleonBlownapart

Quote from: Giant Obsession on May 12, 2021, 02:18:38 PM
good one.  Morris was also used by Hank Stram to try and deflect long FG that crawled over the crossbar.

Thanks.  did I win the prize 14 years later j/k

and

Stram was smart huh?  that's why that play became outlawed I believe. the goalposts were still on the goal line

btw - Chris Allen and I exchanged messages/emails between circa 1998 and his all too untimely passing in 2006.  I miss you Chris! I could ask you about Mckinnley Boston or Mickey Zofko and you would fire back with the most amazing info!  Chris Allen, the dean of NFL Historians

And now? Thanks GO! you rock and you have picked up very nicely for Chris.

kartanoman

Quote from: NapoleonBlownapart on May 12, 2021, 02:36:34 PM
Thanks.  did I win the prize 14 years later j/k

and

Stram was smart huh?  that's why that play became outlawed I believe. the goalposts were still on the goal line

btw - Chris Allen and I exchanged messages/emails between circa 1998 and his all too untimely passing in 2006.  I miss you Chris! I could ask you about Mckinnley Boston or Mickey Zofko and you would fire back with the most amazing info!  Chris Allen, the dean of NFL Historians

And now? Thanks GO! you rock and you have picked up very nicely for Chris.

Hi Napolean.

I share with you, and others here, the feeling of loss over our friend, Christopher Allen, as this year marks the 15th anniversary of his passing (hard to believe).

Like you, Chris Allen and I were pretty close in communications outside the message boards. We enjoyed talking Giants history as well as life in upstate New York (NOTE: after growing up in North Jersey, I spent my high school and college years in Central New York ... about an hour away from Chris A).

He will be missed but it is very clear his memory lives on by virtue of this board and those of us who remember him and his passion for Giants history.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)