News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants VS Steelers discussion thread

Started by MightyGiants, October 26, 2008, 09:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

akrdjr3340

First completion for the STeelers is a 20 yard gain to the TE. Guess who couldnt guard him?????

Aaron Ross.

akrdjr3340

Gilbride runs a sweep on 1st down to Jacobs to lose 3 yards instead of pounding it. Prevents us from getting the 1st. Now, the defense looks like they are looking for 49ers or Seahawks on offense.

akrdjr3340

Thank god we keep running wide with Jacobs, Its been working. And throwing on first down is illegal as well.

akrdjr3340

Running wide with Jacobs and 3 yard passes. Good game planning Gilbride. Oh wait, it cant be Gilbride's fault.

akrdjr3340

Great pick by Butler. Just stay down next time, haha.

Need a TD, and find a pass rush.

akrdjr3340

Throwing on 1st down is really working well. Let's keep at it. Nice short throws.

akrdjr3340

TELL ME HOW GREAT GILBRIDE'S PLAYCALLING IS NOW!!!!! Lets bring in 8 TEs so we can have all guys from the defnese at the line.

GILBRIDE IS THE BEST BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

akrdjr3340

Quote from: akrdjr3340 on October 26, 2008, 05:02:45 PM
TELL ME HOW GREAT GILBRIDE'S PLAYCALLING IS NOW!!!!! Lets bring in 8 TEs so we can have all guys from the defnese at the line.

GILBRIDE IS THE BEST BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Matthews blocked absolutely the wrong person on the 4th down play, if he kicks out and lblocks Clark.... Jacobs walks in.

akrdjr3340

3 times inside the 20: 6 points. Tell me how great the play-calling is!!!! Run on 1st and no protection on 2 shotgun throws. Great job Gilbride!!!

akrdjr3340

Quote from: akrdjr3340 on October 26, 2008, 05:13:09 PM
3 times inside the 20: 6 points. Tell me how great the play-calling is!!!! Run on 1st and no protection on 2 shotgun throws. Great job Gilbride!!!

Ok, lets check the playcalling inside the 20 on this drive.

1st down: run
2nd down: run
3rd down: 2 yard pass.

Someone remind me who calls the plays?

Rambo89

Play calling has been spotty thus far today.  I think eventually they need to get Bradshaw in there to run the ball to mix things up.

And the officiating has been awful especially on the Phillips hit and the no holding call on the Townsend on the last possession.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

RemembersHuff

And then the Giants won, and the wailing and gnashing of teeth did cease.

Good win against an excellent team on the road. The Giants got jobbed more than a few times on bad calls and non-calls by the zebras (the call on Phillips was preposterous, and don't be surprised if the unpenalized Steeler DB who laid that helmet-to-facemask hit on Smith picks up a fine this week), but that WAS the top-rated defense in the league they were up against.

They dropped some passes, they hurried some throws, they took some stupid penalties, they choked in the red zone...but they hung in there and kept scrapping. No sacks on Manning -- great job by the OL and backs, including the much-criticized Dave Diehl.

The could probably have won this game by 17, had they taken advantage of all the opportunities, but it would have gone in the "W" column exactly the same way.  It was clearly a flawed effort, but I can't gripe when they beat arguably the best team in the AFC on the road. Imagine what they can do to other good teams when they play well.

Edit to add:  Sorry, I posted this before I realized that a second thread was begun offer an alternative to the wailing, and that the wailing simply migrated.