News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Versus Steelers Discussion Thread II

Started by Painter, October 26, 2008, 04:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

For those who would like to discuss the game without turning it into their own personal bashing thread.

akrdjr3340

Get over yourself, and talk about the Giants. If something bad is happening - people are allowed to express their opinions.

NYSPORTS

2 monster hits from the secondary (Butler/Phillips 1 a penalty) great to see.

akrdjr3340

Gilbride calling the plays: Not good to see.

Zombo

another disappointing finish...

we need some sixes here boys

D looks good but they need more help

Hoping all these BJ carries in the first half lead to some AB long ones in second

Slick

I don't know if this is bashing,but underneath passes inside the 15 that are going nowhere even if completed just kill me.

NYSPORTS

Tough, mean football.  Can't believe Jacobs couldn't punch it in yet kept the Steelers offense in poor field position most of the qtr.  

Since the goalline stand it appears the Giants defense has turned it up.  Should be a great 2nd half.

Painter

They have the lead at the half which is good although it's disappointing that they couldn't punch it in with Jacobs. Eli is getting protection and playing well although he's having a hard time finding guys open inside the redzone. But the Steelers are very good at dropping guys into coverage in a short field. I'm just glad that TP didn't make that pick.

I like the hard hitting by the GMen; that call against Phillips was crap.

The Giants have controlled TOP which may slow down the Steeler D and open a big play or two, later. In any case, after the inauspicious start, it hasn't been such a bad first half.

Cheers!

!

Painter

That's not necessarily where Eli's first read was, Slick. He has to make quick decisions and get the ball out.  We never really know the details and options of play calls. We're just guessing, and then second-guessing about outcomes we don't like.

Cheers!

akrdjr3340

Please stop sending out Hedgecock out on patterns, he cant catch and 2 yards is pointless. Let him pass prtoect and give Eli more time.

akrdjr3340

4 penalties for 55 yards. Killing the Giants.

akrdjr3340

At least Butler can get everyone aligned up for the play, except himself.

Look at that playcalling. Play-action, and throw a deep ball. Sure beats running on 1st down everytime.

We are getting outcoached this game.

bigblueinclearbluenc

akrdjr3340

Burress with a drop. Atta boy!!

Then there's the typical run after a first down incompletion - even better a sweep to our slowest RB.

Gilbride blows.

akrdjr3340

Coughlin will get fined after this game. These refs are downright openly cheating now. How they dont get the hold on Smith there is ridiculous.