News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Monday night trivia before the Royal Flush

Started by retrojint, July 23, 2007, 08:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retrojint

All of the Giant placekickers listed below kicked at least one 50-yard FG (or longer) except one.  Please name him.
a. Paul McFadden b. Don Chandler c. David Treadwell d. Pete Gogolak
e. Ben Agajanian f. Matt Bahr

What do John Lovetere, Willie Williams, Jim Burt and Aaron Thomas have in common besides the fact that they played for the Giants?

Earl Morrall and Homer Jones hooked up for the first and third longest passing plays in team history.  98 yards against Pitts, 9-11-66 and 89 yards against Philadelphia, 10-17-65, respectively.  What was the battery for the second longest completion in Giants' history?  Hints:  The qb played in a Pro Bowl for the team, and the receiver was tried for a time as a defensive back.

kartanoman

OK Retro - I'll bite (but only because you have a kicker question in there!  ;D )

1) David Treadwell.  Known for his shorter but accurate kicking, Treadwell platooned with Brad Daluiso during the 1993 and 1994 seasons. Treadwell was the guy who kicked everything from 45 yards in and Daluiso was the primary long-distance guy.

2) Tough question but I'll take a wild guess: in addition to playing for the Giants, all of them also played for California-based teams (LoVetere with the Rams, Burt and Thomas with the 49ers and Williams with the Raiders).

3) One of my favorite plays of the 1972 season. Norm Snead threaded the ball between two Dallas defenders and found Rich Houston who took it to the house for a total of 94 yards. Whenever I watched the '72 highlight, I always watch Rich Houston's big plays twice as they're just plain exciting. He was a guy who never received the public spotlight but always was good for a number of big plays during his Giants days. Norm Snead, of course, went to the Pro Bowl in 1972 after leading the league by completing over 60% of his passes that season.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

retrojint

Kart:  Excellent job as always.  It is Treadwell.  Daluiso got the kick offs and the long FGAs that season, correct?  Yeah, I loved that play from Snead to Houston, too.  He was an excellent athlete.  (RIP) 

I wasn't looking for that answer on the group of guys that I mentioned.  But of course you're correct on your grouping.  I set it up to be Giant players who played in one Pro Bowl for the team.