News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2009 - Center's

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 11, 2009, 01:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

The talent available
A very good year for Center

MightyGiants

Ceri,

Mel Kiper sees Wood's stock rising.  He thinks he could end up going to Pittsburg in the first round.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

I can't fault anything you've said; no surprise in that, Ceri. Personally, I like Mack a bit less than Unger for one single reason. He has atendency to jump staight up with the snap which he will have to correct if he's not to be pushed onto his back, or into his QB by some of those meany NFL NTs. I suspect he will make the adjustment, however.

Both he and Unger likely will be considered good value anywhere from late first to early second.  Both might go in Round 1 to Tennessee at 30 and Pittsburgh at 32, or certainly in Round 2 to teams like Seattle and Cinncinnati at 37 and 38, respectively.

I too prefer Eric Wood for the Giants. They may not have him targeted at 45, but they damn well should at 60. As one wag described it: Eric Wood is a complete center who can play in any style of offensive system. If your team drafts him, consider yourselves smart and lucky because drafting Eric in a round other than the 1st will be like buying your favorite gallon of ice cream on double coupon day at the supermarket.

Cheers!

Gmo11

The good thing about being in this position the Giants are in, namely pretty stacked at almost all positions across the board, is that they don't have to worry TOO much about "good value" in terms of making their pick.  What I mean by that is if Unger and Mack are both off the board by the time the Giants are picking at 45, and they feel like Wood would be a perfect center for their offense, they can afford to maybe reach a bit and take him right there rather than risk him not being around at 60 or trying to find a trading partner to trade down.  Obviously they will take the best player available to them when they pick, but in a situation such as that it would be hard to fault them for going after a guy they project to be a perfect fit in their offense especially since they don't really have too many holes to fill.  I doubt I'll be complaining if they take Wood at 45.

worf49

Painter do you have any links to Eric Wood in key games?

If so, would appreciate it if you could pass those links along.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DesG89

As always Ceri a very interesting read. Glad to see I'm not the only one that likes Caldwell. Though I would have no problem with Mack at 29 or 45 if he drops, I'd love for the team to grab Caldwell in the 3rd or with their late 2nd.

worf49

Painter

I can't do any better than that which Rich has provided. I hadn't seen it before.

Cheers!