News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2009 - Running Backs

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 18, 2009, 07:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

The talent available
This isn

afan56

Thanks Ceri,
You're one of the very few who seem to think a running back will be (might be) a day one pick. If one of the top guys falls to 29 it would be an exciting pick. As you mentioned, Jacobs seems to be oft injured and his size, his long legs, may be a contributing factor. The prototype back seems to be more in the 5'10", 210 lb range. It's fun to think about an improved Giants team!

NYSPORTS

Nice group of RB's and certainly a lot of them.  I see zero sense of urgency for the Giants to go RB in round 1 despite what some of these mock drafts predict.  This OL can make many RB's look good.  I can see the Giants drafting a RB yet not too early.

MP21WAYS2PAY

Nice Ceri,

Hey is it me, or does Glen Coffee look a little bit like OJ Anderson when he runs?

Mark

beaugestus

Thanks Ceri, it wouldn't surprise me a bit the Giants take a RB on the first day.

Painter

Excellent summary, Ceri. Better than anything else I've seen.

Folks talk about the draft being a crapshoot, but it also is a game of dominoes. While I wouldn't expect the Giants to draft a RB at 29, if they still have it,  I can see the possibility of them taking one in the 2nd Round, even trying to move higher for someone they really like; perhaps, McCoy or Donald Brown.

Danny Ware would seem to be the wildcard in what they do and when given that they were willing to stash him away on the 53-man last year.

Cheers!

Sam56

"Another junior entry LeSean McCoy (Pittsburgh) is a TD scoring machine capable of making big plays on the ground or through the air. At 5

afan56

Ceri, Do you have any interest in Kory Sheets of Purdue? In the Record today, Vinny DiTrani talked about his having discovered what was holding him back physically. He is training nearby at Parisi's Speed School in Fair Lawn N.J., and they figured out what he needed to get better. DiTrani suggests that he could move up to the third round as a result of now running a 4.39 40 at the combine.
Perhaps this is just Vinnie talking up a local enterprise. If you are at all interested you can read it online tomorrow@ : http://www.northjersey.com/sports/giants/43150272.html
In this edition the Record rates the top 9 running backs in (apparently) their opinion. FWIW I think Di Trani retired years ago. :D :D

files58

Is Glenn Coffee related to Junior Coffee who played for the Falcons and then the GMEN in the late 60s? I could see a RB taken in their first 5 picks should they have them.

Painter

Glen Coffee- not related to Junior Coffee- looks like Ottis Anderson? He runs hard and seems to like contact, but it's not a comparison that would occur to me. Coffee is 2 inches shorter, 20 pounds lighter than OJ Anderson, and is kind of slender below the waist. I can't see him looking quite so powerful against the big bullies in the NFL.  He's one of those guys who might have benefited by staying in school for another year. I hope he doesn't expect to go higher than the 5th/6th Round because he's likely to be disappointed.

Kory Sheets is another back with a 5th Round grade who might go a tad higher because he's has a bit more speed, is an above average pass catcher, and is a bonafide return guy. Ironically, although he catches well, he has had some ball security problems when toting it.

Cheers!

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: afan56 on April 18, 2009, 06:49:54 PM
Ceri, Do you have any interest in Kory Sheets of Purdue?

None whatsoever. He's not a physical back and is a fumbler