News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2009 - Tight End's

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 20, 2009, 02:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

The talent available
This isn

MightyGiants

Ceri,

Assuming no trades, do you think the Giants should take Brandon Petttigrew if he falls to 29?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

files58

If he is BPA, yes. He is thought to be the complete package. They have four TEs on the roster. Boss, Johson, Matthews, and Lee Vickers who they signed as a free agent.

madbadger

I know you are only repeating what you have read elsewhere but knowing people close to the program the idea that Travis Beckum has "issues with character and maturity" is a total joke. I suppose we are in the silly season when the various publications have to say something even if it is flat out wrong regardless of how it impacts a kid.

MightyGiants

MB,

There are scouts that are saying this stuff, after interviewing him

Quote6. TRAVIS BECKUM Wisconsin 6-3 240 4.63 3-4
..........Wonderlic of 16. "People that have interviewed him at the combine, as we did, he didn't knock it out of the park," another scout said. "Kind of struck out. You kind of worried about him a little bit mentally and as a person. He was a little shaky on his off-the-field issues, confidence issues, that kind of thing.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=333250
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 20, 2009, 03:43:13 PM
MB,

There are scouts that are saying this stuff, after interviewing him

Quote6. TRAVIS BECKUM Wisconsin 6-3 240 4.63 3-4
..........Wonderlic of 16. "People that have interviewed him at the combine, as we did, he didn't knock it out of the park," another scout said. "Kind of struck out. You kind of worried about him a little bit mentally and as a person. He was a little shaky on his off-the-field issues, confidence issues, that kind of thing.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=333250

More bull puckey from nameless sources. He has never been arrested, accused of a crime, failed a drug test,  never been in trouble with his teammates, coaches or school administrators and yet some how some nameless turd bag has decided that he has "character issues". The crap that has been written about him is 180 degrees different than what you will hear from the people that have lived with and worked with him for four years. I swear half the crap you hear leading up to the draft is either from another kids agent or from a team hoping a kid falls to them.

todge

With so many gaping holes at WR, LB and OLT depth, I can't imagine why the Giants would take a TE in the first couple of rounds.

beaugestus

I saw some video of Pettigrew blocking Orakapo, he dominated him. Unbelievable blocker.