News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

To All Members

Started by vette5573, May 17, 2009, 10:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Did You Find The Big Blue Huddle?

Moved from the BBWC
39 (79.6%)
A link from another football forum
1 (2%)
Google
1 (2%)
recommended from a friend or acquaintance
6 (12.2%)
Other-(explain)
2 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

vette5573

This question is for marketing purposes. Also, please comment if you like the size of the group here or would like to see more participation from new members. Your opinion is important.

Thank you.

andrew_nyg

I came from the old board, as Rich gave me a heads up long ago that he was developing this one.
I must admit, he FAR exceeded my expectations with his goal of civility, and just good, healthy Giants talk.
This is light years better than the old board with respect to the stated goal (with all due respect and love to Adrienne)

Well done, Rich!
A modest view of your future brings modest results and rewards. Think BIG and give people the opportunity to WIN BIG.

Boog Man

I got the personal invite from Rich. And I haven't gone back. after being a regular memberof  the BBWC in all its varied forms since Larry J and Adrienne started it up in the mid-90's, I left it in the rear view mirror when I came here and saw not only the kind of people I most respect and admire and the kind of talk that keeps me coming back every day.  We have have a circle of friends here that far exceeds anything that the BBWC ever had, with none of the "Trent", "Stonedinvestor", et al kind of sophomoric indecency and disrespect that we had to endure over there. 

I also think that the careful and deliberate measures to grow the membership here have paid off; we have had so many new people join lately, but the talk has been enhanced by their arrivals, and I personally believe that we are a better community with their input.  Too much or too sudden growth will detract from that and let the jerks filter back in.

Boog
Don't Hit, Don't Play...It's As Simple As That

giantsguy

I too was from the old board and invited by Rich to join this board.   

Ed, I don't see a problem with growth as long as the new members have the same love of the Giants and show the same respect for other members as the group does now.  IMO, varied and knowledgeable opinions always enhance the quality of the board.

In any case, Rich, and all admins, great job, this has to be one of the best boards in sports.
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

bedl365

Rich invited me from the old board and I haven't looked back. I really only post during the off season and am very content with the way MightyGiants and the administrators run things and echo andrewnyg in that this site has surpassed my expectations. On the BBWC I swear guys were putting on beer muscles and coming on looking for an argument. As always thank you guys for keeping me informed and please keep up the great work!

Webster29

I also, at Rich's invitation, came from BBWC.  I will occasionally look in on BBWC to see what is being said.  There are still some high quality posters over there that frankly I wish would come over here.  But they probably do know about this site and that is strictally their decision.

I would like to add my kudos to the job Rich and the mods have done.  This board is just fantastic.  By far the most civilized sports message board I know of.

And giantsguy said it perfectally.  I would love to see the board grow as long as they share our passion and civility.

Keep up the great job guys.

Painter

I was an early migrant from BBWC for reasons already mentioned and shared by others. I could not be more satisfied with what we now have in BBH, thanks to Rich and his able associates. Whatever you folks are doing to maintain the guidelines based on the understanding that participation here is not a right but a privilege seems to be working rather well. On that basis, I'm all in favor of an increase in the numbers.

Cheers! 

Sam56

I ditto all the above feelings and sentiments.

Thanks Rich for it's creation and all mods who have helped watch over Rich's creation.

Every few weeks I check out the BBWC and see some "friends" that I still miss and others that remind me why I have delighted in my move to the BBH.

To continue to successfully survive in this internet world, we will need to have moderate growth with civilized posters like those that this board abounds with.

LennG

I was a moderator on BBWC for some time, but many never really knew a lot of the behind the scenes back stabbing that went on over there, especially from some of the people at the top. There was a definite conflict of interest, especially as some just desired the power and never really knew what to do with it. While some of us petitioned to limit the people there and the quality of what was being put up, others didn't think that way, and just wanted numbers, of posters, of hits, of members. When Rich approached me, Kevin and Brian about starting a new board and breaking away from BBWC, we were all on the same page. We talked and talked about what we wanted in the new board and we were all on the same page. WE approached several other long time BBWC members about helping out and away we went. From then on, there was no looking back. We did struggle at the beginning, trying to get the word out to older members of BBWC about this new place, and we were rebuffed many times. But, with hard work, and word spreading, we were able to make this place a great place to be. And the rest is history. We will never get the numbers most of the other boards get, but who cares. We are among friends here, where we share much more than just being Giants fans. We may not agree on many things, but we do so as we would want others to do with us, with class, with understanding and being always able to listen to the other guys opinions.
The mods have talked many times about expansion, and we are all for it, but in moderation. Every new member has to be approved and cleared, and in all the time, since this place has existed, I think we have only banned 4-5 people. Maybe once guys are surrounded by great people, that sort of rubs off on them.
Thank YOU all for making this place exactly what we envisioned when we started it up.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

drakew

The softspoken, darkly handsome man in the blue Giants tiesips his iced cinnamon Gevalia here at the elab at WLKY-XCBS. "I followed the rest of youse guys, cuz I was fed up with the stooge crew the Wrecking Crew had become. Once Adrienne, our Goddess, left, it deteriorated rapidly into sniping, and BS. Not that this civilised board cannot be spirited, especially arounf the last election, but it is more than just another Scout clone. I remember the Graffitti Wall....

Yah wanna expand? How about here comes fresh paint? An untopicized board for tweeting like we used to!

Thanks Rish, Lenn etc for putting up with me"

The tru blu fan performs his mystical handpasses and obeisances....
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

SonofMojo40

Hi to all,

I became aware of the BBWC because of my father's membership/friendship with many members from over there (who are now members here) after his passing a little over 3 years ago. Because of the love that was shown for my father and love that was expressed by many members to me and the rest of my family, I began reading over there at first. After a little while, I began posting long enough until Rich invited me over here. I still will always have a place in my heart for a few members over there and talk to them from time to time. I read this site everyday, sometimes I will post and sometimes I do not, but I check in daily. When threads are not appealing to me, I will check out the WC and post over there. This site is where my heart is and I love the relationships/conversations and debates  ;) that I have had many times with you guys here. This site is a family....and family members have agreements, and disagreements...and that's how you know you're family. The MOD's here have been outstanding, and is in no comparison to the other site. I feel that if my father were still present today, he too would be over here, and would have similar feelings with regards to certain members from the old board.

Keep up the great work,

peace to all,
Aaron

"I have been blessed throughout my life right from the start and those blessings were given to me from God" (Mojo40).

Peace to all,
In Christ,
Aaron

AZGiantFan

I made a comment on BBWC about some of the folks who weren't around any more like Painter and Boogman and some kind soul (sorry I don't remember who it was) sent me a private message telling me y'all were over here.  TPTB were kind enough to grant me access.

I still check out BBWC regularly but do most of my (sparse) posting here.

So long as the civil tone of this place weren't threatened I wouldn't mind more participants.  New blood keeps things from getting into a rut.

FWIW, I just got a solicitation in a PM inviting me to join some Giants board called  BigBlueOnline from a member here named nygdevils32. 
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

socaljint

Same here guys. I was at BBWC also and one day I realized that the posters I enjoyed most were no longer posting there. I forget who it was but someone mentioned that a lot of guys went to this site and gave the web address, thank goodness.

I also got a PM from nygdevils32 inviting me the their site, whatever that means.

Good job guys, keep it up.

jimmyz

Came from BBWC as well.  I still like and appreciate many of the members there and still frequent their board.  Between the two, a lot of good stories and information is presented.  I try to fill the gaps if one forum, for example, does not have the same link to a good story as the other.   I hope that is acceptable as I dont view these two sites as competitive in any way.  Please do let me know if that is out of line.
"The best way to get anything done is...ugh...if you hold near and dear to you ugh...then you like to be able to ugh..."

Sem

Like a lot you, I think it was Rich who sent me an PM inviting me over here. Probably just in time because I was really getting fed up with the direction WWBC was heading.  I hope I don't come off sounding like an old codger because its not my intent, but I think a big reason this site is more civil than WWBC is that is that the average age is a bit older here than over on WWBC. 

As far as expanding membership or more exchange from new and/or current members - I'm all for it as long as the civility and charm that makes BBH so desirable doesn't erode the same way WWBC did.