News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Training Camp Weekend

Started by vette5573, July 02, 2009, 08:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsguy

Ed, please scratch me from all the weekend BBQ events.  I was just made aware that I have a family commitment for the same weekend.

Enjoy the weekend and thanks.
Go Red, Grey and Blue !!

vette5573

Too bad. I have to get up to see you some other time. :(

vette5573

I'm still hoping to hear from SpiderJohn, Tom and Rocky. I haven't heard from John in ages. Has anyone? I trust he's ok.

spider68

Vette, I am here and I am ok. It has been the year from hell, but all is much better now, and I am dealing with it.

I will see you at the BBQ!

vette5573

Rocky56

Ed,
I wish we could make it this year but the camp schedule and work schedule just don't jive. We just got back from a weekend in Minneapolis for Lindas' graduation ceremony and some other business commitments are keeping me from taking another weekend off.

On the brighter side, the last time we missed camp, the Giants won a Super Bowl. If they do it again, you guys may ban us from the Bar B Que for life  :D

Hope everybody has a GREAT TIME and looking forward to seeing all y'all next year if not sooner.
You do or you do not! There is no try.

vette5573

I figured both you and Linda were very busy. Let's try to make it sooner rather than later. Give Linda my best.

vette5573

We all know the drill. Meet in the Dutch Quad parking lot before 8 AM on Saturday Morning before practice.

Then we meet at the park after camp, where Kevin will have secured the site. Rich, we have to get the Charcoal to Kevin Saturday Morning at the site early. I'm not sure what time Kevin gets to the site, but likely by 9AM. The coals should be ready by 11:00- 11:30 so we can start cooking. The burgers and dogs will cook fast and be ready by noon. The ribs take a couple of hours.

COACHJIM

My wife son and I will be up Friday the 7th /8th and 9th were is the BBQ and what do i need to bring Thanks Jim Eccles 
I am a Father of 4 and I have 5 Grandchildren been married for 22 years to the most amazing woman in the world and I am trying to kick my Cancers Ass.Long time Giants fan and 27 year sports official

vette5573

Directions to UAlbany Athletic Complex

From the North:  Take Interstate 87 (Northway) south to Exit 1E.  Off the exit, proceed to Interstate 90 east (Albany/Boston).  Take Exit 2 (Washington Avenue) which leads right into the University at Albany campus.  Follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of  mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

From the South:  Take Interstate 87 (Thruway) north to Exit 24.  After the tollbooths, proceed onto Interstate 90 east towards Boston.  Take Exit 2 (Washington Avenue) which leads right into the University at Albany campus.  Follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of  mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

From the East:  Take Interstate 90 west towards Buffalo.  Leave interstate at Exit 2 (Fuller Road).  Turn left at Fuller Road, and then take next left at Washington Avenue.  The University at Albany campus is on your right.  Upon entering campus, follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of  mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

From the West:  Take Interstate 90 (Thruway) east to Exit 24.  After the tollbooths, proceed onto Interstate 90 east towards Boston.  Leave interstate at Exit 2 (Washington Avenue) which leads right into the University at Albany campus.  Follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of  mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

vette5573

Ask for the Dutch Quad parking lot. We all meet there where the buses are, near the tennis courts. Be there a 45 minutes before practice, if you want to meet up with the group.

The red X's show major entrances to the UAlbany campus; as you can see, there's a road on campus that circles the property and can get you to any campus location.

The black rectangle with the yellow X shows the location of the Dutch Quad parking lot, the X shows the area of the lot (near the tennis courts) where BBH members meet up before practice sessions.

The bright green rectangles show the approximate location of practices -- either the game field (the upper rectangle) or the practice fields (lower rectangle).

The purple X shows where Six Mile Waterworks (BBQ location) is relative to campus.

vette5573

#1 UAlbany campus, training camp location

#2 BBQ location:  Rensselaer Lake/Six Mile Waterworks -- from campus, take Fuller Road heading north, the park is past the Fuller/Washington intersection on left. We'll be on the right adjacent to the first parking area.

#3 The Barnsider Restaurant  480 Sand Creek Road,Albany; from campus area, right on Fuller Rd. heading north until it ends at Central Ave.; left on Central, followed soon by a right onto Wolf; continues past Colonie Center Mall, moving to left lane, and take a left onto Sand Creek Road. The Barnsider is just ahead on your left.

#4 Hannaford Supermarket, 96 Wolf Road -- At intersection of Wolf & Sand Creek, see directions for Barnsider (above) Place to get virtually any items you might need for your BBQ contribution, open 24/7.

#5 Price Chopper Supermarket, 1706 Western Ave. -- Similar to Hannaford, perhaps slightly better selection -- large, well-stocked market open 24/7, also close to BBQ location. From campus, go left onto Fuller Rd. and right onto Western (or exit campus on Western Ave. and take a left), go past Crossgates Mall -- supermarket will be on left.

A,B,C & D are nearby malls and shopping centers.  A (Crossgates Mall) and D (Colonie Center) are very large malls with hundreds of shops and restaurants, movie theaters, etc.  C (Northway Plaza, I believe) is small but is the location of the closest Staples store (need Sharpies?).  D is Stuyvesant Plaza, fairly upscale plaza with nice shops. Good independent book store there -- also a Breugger's Bagel shop and a Starbucks, so a it's a good place to grab your morning coffee before practice.

Webster29

Ed:  Looks like you can add one more to my contingent.  My daughter is driving over from Rochester and will join us.   Her husband still may make it but right now not sure if he can. 

RemembersHuff

I just added maps and comments to a couple of Ed's posts in this thread.

vette5573

Quote from: RemembersHuff on August 02, 2009, 04:21:34 PM
I just added maps and comments to a couple of Ed's posts in this thread.

Thanks, Kevin. Welcome back!