News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBQ Shopping List

Started by vette5573, July 08, 2009, 07:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vette5573

Please post what you plan on bringing on this thread. We're going to have to commit to more than one item each since there are about 45 items and less than 30 people. Some items may require more than one person to contribute.

* Charcoal (3 bags 18-20 lbs ea.)__________Rich
* Charcoal lighter fluid__________________Rich
* Plates ____________________________Vette
* Cups- ____________________________Vette
* Napkins __________________________ Dave
* Paper or Vinyl Tablecloths- 5____________Rich
* Plastic utensils______________________Kevin
* Hand Sanitizer______________________FRED
* Cooking utensils____________________________VETTE, WEBSTER***********************
* Plastic wrap________________________DAVE
* Paper towels (several rolls) ____________Dave
* Aluminum Foil (Heavy duty)____________FRED
* Plastic Garbage bags/ large_____________FRED
* Food storage bags (large) _____________VETTE
* Disposable grill grate covers (6-8) _______VETTE
* Pam or a spray oil for the grill- _________VETTE
* Ice chests (coolers)__________________Kevin (3 or 4)

* Bottled Water- _____________________VETTE
* Beer- ____________________________BOOG, WEBSTER**************************
* Wine/ Wine coolers- _________________BOOG*********************************
* Soda and Diet Soda*************************************************************
* Ice 50lbs__________________________Kevin

* appetizers_________________________SPIDER (Shrimp and Smoked Salmon)
* Green Salad________________________WEBSTER
* Salad Dressings_____________________PRESIDENT RICK
* Potato or other Salads________________WEBSTER
* Macaroni__________________________DAVE
* Veggie Platter_______________________Kevin
* Cheese (finger food) _________________WEBSTER
* 36 singles/slices_____________________WEBSTER
* Fruit/ Fruit platter____________________Kevin, SPIDER
* Cookies, Brownies, assorted deserts ______PRESIDENT RICK, DAVE, WEBSTER
* Chips etc.- _________________________SLG

* Salt, Pepper________________________FRED
* Mustard, Ketchup____________________FRED
* Mayo_____________________________FRED
* Hamburger Rolls. 40 rolls_______________Frank
* Hot Dog rolls. (40)____________________SLG

* Hamburger meat. 10lbs_________________Frank
* Turkey burgers and rolls_________________Frank
* Boneless/skinless breasts***************************************************
* Chicken Wings________________________CoachJim
* Sausage****************************************************************
* Fish*******************************************************************
* Franks- 40 - __________________________SLG
* Ribs________________________________ Vette

* Music/ / Cd's or (MP3 Player with FM Transmitter)

* Battery-powered Radio Stereo/Boombox______Kevin**  (See below)
* Games_______________________________DAVE (BOCCI & HORSE SHOES)

** This is an old Sony that sounds great but has an unreliable CD player and no auxiliary inputs. If anyone has an FM transmittor for their iPod or other MP3 player, though, many of us could bring endless music on our players and broadcast it through this stereo.  And barring that, we can put the radio on.  If CDs are mandatory, scratch Kevin's name off the stereo sign-up and let someone else bring a more functional player.

RemembersHuff

A couple notes to add:

* If you're traveling a long way or staying in a hotel on Friday night, consider signing up for the small non-perishable items so you don't have to deal with either keeping things cold or shopping after practice. Things like paper towels, foil, a bunch of travel size hand sanitizers, etc. can be purchased in advance and stowed in your car.

* I'll be skipping the AM practice to get our spot secured at the park, and to get the grills started so they're ready for cooking when folks arrive. I'd like to leave the charcoal and lighter fluid purchase to someone who's not local (see above) but if that person's attending the morning practice, they need to contact me about getting the charcoal to me in advance.

* If you plan on purchasing your contribution that morning at a local supermarket, please consider leaving practice 15-20 minutes early (or at least try to shop FAST) because in the past, we've had some problems with a few needed items not arriving 'til an hour after the BBQ began.  Your fellow BBHers are hungry, and they're counting on you, man.  Hustle!

I think that's all from me. I'll be posting maps again with the locations of the park, supermarkets, etc. relative to the UAlbany campus. If anyone needs to find something that's not on the maps -- an Italian import store, a department store, a movie theater, etc. -- just shoot me (or giantsguy) a note and we'll hook you up.

Webster29

Ed:   Mark me down for: Green Salad---Potato or other salads---36 singles/slices of cheese---Cookies, Brownies, Assorted Deserts.

Also Cindy said we would be willing to get some of the items that may not get signed up for by the bbq day.

Shoelessjoe

I'll do the Hamburger meat. 10lbs and Turkey burgers and rolls.  I will be coming up that day so I can put it on ice and keep it in the cooler.

pagan43

I think we need to consider that unlike years past when our picnic took place between 10:30am and 3:30pm, which was basically the time between morning and afternoon practice sessions, this year's get together can run from 10:30am to 5:30pm because the afternoon practice will be held later.

This could mean that we will have less food and beverages left over because we will have more time to consume them.

OR

We may need to bring more of certain items (i.e. beverages) to provide more comfortably for us over the longer time period.

Just a thought.

pagan43

vette5573

Good point Dave. A little extra beer, wine, coolers and soda can be brought by anyone.

spider68

Sign me up I will be there.

I plan on bringing Watermelon anf fruit, plus some Shrimp and Smoked Salmon.

I'll be arriving Friday eveneing If there is anything else you would like me to bring, please let me know.

vette5573

We still need the following items:

* More cooking utensils (If you are bringing something to cook, please bring something for you to cook it with)
* More Beer/ wine (ask Boog what he plans on bringing and bring something different)
* Soda/ice tea.

CoachJim- Chicken Breast

Spider68- Watermelon and fruit, plus some Shrimp and Smoked Salmon.

mbigblue- hand sanitizer, aluminum foil, large plastic garbage bags, salt, pepper, mustard, ketchup, mayo

slg11- Chips, Franks and Rolls

MightyGiants- Charcoal, Lighter Fliuid and Table Cloths

PresidentRick- Salad dressing, deserts

SomersJoe-  10 lbs hamburger meat, turkey burgers and rolls

Pagan43- games, macaroni salad, plastic wrap, Napkins, Paper Towels and deserts

Boogman-  adult beverages (wine or beer?)

Webster29- Green Salad, Potato or other salads, 36 singles/slices of cheese, cheese finger food, Cookies, Brownies, Assorted Deserts, Beer, cooking utensiils

Vette-  grill covers, grill spray, bottled water, food storage bags, cups, napkins,  cooking utensils, Ribs

RemembersHuff - several coolers, plastic utensils, 50 lbs. ice, veggie platter, fruit platter, music system

Webster29

Ed:   I was planning on bringing some beer anyway.   Someone has to make up for not having Terry's Moosehead there so I'll leap into the breach.

Cindy also said we are going to bring various cooking utensils and she is also going to bring cheese finger food.

vette5573

Bill, Thanks. You are bringing more than enough.

Slg, can you bring the hot dog rolls too? Otherwise we will have Franks but no rolls. Maybe bring them instead of the chips?

SomersJoe, are you bringing rolls for the Hamburgers and the Turkey Burgers, or just the Turkey Burgers? 

slg11

Ive got the hot dog rolls and chips also.

vette5573

Quote from: slg11 on July 28, 2009, 05:09:26 PM
Ive got the hot dog rolls and chips also.

Thanks!

COACHJIM

I will be up from south jersey  were is the BBQ being held and dose someone have a cell phone so I can call them and get directions and also I will need to no what to bring thanks Jim Eccles  609-625-4064  home and 609-705-2935 cell
I am a Father of 4 and I have 5 Grandchildren been married for 22 years to the most amazing woman in the world and I am trying to kick my Cancers Ass.Long time Giants fan and 27 year sports official

vette5573

Directions to UAlbany Athletic Complex

From the North:  Take Interstate 87 (Northway) south to Exit 1E.  Off the exit, proceed to Interstate 90 east (Albany/Boston).  Take Exit 2 (Washington Avenue) which leads right into the University at Albany campus.  Follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of  mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

From the South:  Take Interstate 87 (Thruway) north to Exit 24.  After the tollbooths, proceed onto Interstate 90 east towards Boston.  Take Exit 2 (Washington Avenue) which leads right into the University at Albany campus.  Follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of  mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

From the East:  Take Interstate 90 west towards Buffalo.  Leave interstate at Exit 2 (Fuller Road).  Turn left at Fuller Road, and then take next left at Washington Avenue.  The University at Albany campus is on your right.  Upon entering campus, follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of  mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

From the West:  Take Interstate 90 (Thruway) east to Exit 24.  After the tollbooths, proceed onto Interstate 90 east towards Boston.  Leave interstate at Exit 2 (Washington Avenue) which leads right into the University at Albany campus.  Follow University Drive (heading south) 3/4 of  mile to Dutch Quad parking lot (public) and one mile to Recreation & Convocation parking lot (Giants/VIP).

vette5573

Coach Jim,

Can you bring Chicken? Boneless, skinless breast or just parts. You can buy it fresh that morning right after practice at one of the local markets as camp lets out at 10:30. There are 28 people, but not everyone will eat everything. A few family packs should do the trick or a piece per person.

If you do bring chicken, bring something to turn and grab them with, like a spatula or tongs.

If you can't do this, bring soda and juice drinks for the kids.

Please let me know what you are bringing.

Check your inbox messages for my private message. I'll give you my cell phone number for when you get to Albany. I'm sure some of the others will do the same.

Ed