News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Versus Steelers Discussion Thread II

Started by Painter, October 26, 2008, 04:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akrdjr3340

Great Job Spags and the defense. Love the agressive defense at the end of the game!!!!

Zombo

statement win guys...

almost gets the Browns taste out of my mouth...almost

Painter

That was TC being a bit too conservative for my taste. Still, the D ate R'bergers for dinner. A GREAT WIN.

Cheers!

Sam56

Yes, a great statement win in an old fashion Steeler vs. Giants slugfest.
Now we are as ready as we can be for the rest of the schedule.

NYSPORTS

Great game and great effort.

a quick side note:  3 cheers for Mike Singletary on sending Vernon Davis to lockerroom   =D>  Keep it up Plax, would love it if Coughlin does the same if Plax doesn't get his ship together.

spiderblue43

A great win regardless. Yeah, the O was not efficient but the D was terrific. Sometimes that happens but beating a Steeler team with a quality D on the road is huge. I'm am THRILLED! They were the better team and once again Eli gets it done late. 6-1! Where's Whiney Blue?

Dumpster Dan

Painter--I totally agree--A GREAT WIN!!!  On the road at Pitt--a knock down drag em out affair--there has to be a lot of aches & bruises after that one--I don't think anyone should take this win lightly--they hung in there  and gutted it out

Fladan

bigblueinclearbluenc

The Defense was real, real good. I think especially the CB's because Ben didn't have anybody to throw to. The play calling, who's rushing and who's dropping back was great. That's inspired football. I hope we rise to the occasion next week against the Cowgirls.

PSUBeirut

So, has anyone figured out what akrd's problem is?  Seriously- why the relentless bashing?

Dumpster Dan

Also a big shout out for the OL today--No sacks of ELI--weren't the Steelers leading the league?

Fladan

akrdjr3340

Quote from: PSUBeirut on October 26, 2008, 08:47:27 PM
So, has anyone figured out what akrd's problem is?  Seriously- why the relentless bashing?

I am bi-polar. Got a problem with that? If you need to call out posters after a win, you might as well be too.

Seriously, I could care less what you think of my opinion. But if you need to call me out how I express myself on a player or play-calling - you have deeper issues than I do. If you don't like what I have to say..... IGNORE ME!!!!

How hard is that to do?

PSUBeirut

Quote from: akrdjr3340 on October 26, 2008, 08:54:41 PM
Quote from: PSUBeirut on October 26, 2008, 08:47:27 PM

I am bi-polar. Got a problem with that? If you need to call out posters after a win, you might as well be too.

Seriously, I could care less what you think of my opinion. But if you need to call me out how I express myself on a player or play-calling - you have deeper issues than I do. If you don't like what I have to say..... IGNORE ME!!!!

How hard is that to do?

If you are bipolar- seriously, take your meds.  I'm not saying that in any negative way, I have a brother-in-law that is bipolar and....meds are good.

Whether you are or are not, you might need to chill out a bit during games.  Relax.  Turn the computer off.  It's just a game.

akrdjr3340

I enjoy every game. I have season tickets. Once the game is over, I get ready for next week. I dont lose sleep when they win/lose.

However, I am allowed to express my opinions if I dont like something or how someone is playing. I dont insult anyone here, therefore I am not breaking any rules.

Painter

That does qualify as a great win, doesn't it, fladan?  It got me thinking back to the start of last season when they gave up 80 points in starting 0-2. Who knew that in beating a tough 5-1, Numero Uno defense, Steelers team, they would have won 20 of the next 25, the Super Bowl, and now 10 of their last 11?  How sweet it is. But sweeter still when they barbeque the Cows, next week.

Cheers!