News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ranking The 40 Greatest Wide Receivers in NFL History

Started by LennG, January 27, 2023, 07:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

https://newarena.com/nfl/ranking-the-25-greatest-wide-receivers-in-nfl-history/?amxt=2022_dt_cntnt9_3&utm_campaign=tb_zs_bestrec_4_chr_dt&utm_source=tb_ae&utm_term=msn-anaheim-us&utm_content=78141&tbclid=GiCSqXDuA7t_fZi4d3eZGdLvaV-CnM_rPSi2l9JrE5vAmiCO9Uso5uHm3oGcvoCzAQ&cost=PwGn2R3We5iSwAYC7gi2ObOv6l8IGNaid5HsH1tsu1g=&utm_medium=tbdt-2022_dt_cntnt9_3

These lists are always subjective but it got me thinking that in all the years the Giants have been around, we really have never had what one would call a great WR.
Sure we had Homer Jones, Armani Toomer, and a brief OBJ but we probably have had a HOF at most other positions but never even close at WR.
Maybe it's about time we did.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

President Rick

five super bowl appearances without one.  Jones was a phenom; Toomer was as solid as can be.  There are 21 other positions out there too [plus ST's].  Our non-HOF WR's have often come up big when it mattered and we've had some good TE's and rb's to offset the absence of a jerry rice type.   Give me Amani 2.0 and another Lombardi Trophy, please. 
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on January 27, 2023, 07:38:03 PMhttps://newarena.com/nfl/ranking-the-25-greatest-wide-receivers-in-nfl-history/?amxt=2022_dt_cntnt9_3&utm_campaign=tb_zs_bestrec_4_chr_dt&utm_source=tb_ae&utm_term=msn-anaheim-us&utm_content=78141&tbclid=GiCSqXDuA7t_fZi4d3eZGdLvaV-CnM_rPSi2l9JrE5vAmiCO9Uso5uHm3oGcvoCzAQ&cost=PwGn2R3We5iSwAYC7gi2ObOv6l8IGNaid5HsH1tsu1g=&utm_medium=tbdt-2022_dt_cntnt9_3

These lists are always subjective but it got me thinking that in all the years the Giants have been around, we really have never had what one would call a great WR.
Sure we had Homer Jones, Armani Toomer, and a brief OBJ but we probably have had a HOF at most other positions but never even close at WR.
Maybe it's about time we did.

True, but neither did the Pats throughout their six Super Bowl run.

They did briefly have Randy Moss, but they didn't win a Super Bowl with him.