News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

QUIET TIME THREAD- Giants trivia challenge

Started by MightyGiants, June 25, 2024, 11:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Each day, I will post a Giants trivia question.   No, using the internet (or AI for answers).  Each morning, I will post the answer from yesterday and a new question.

Today's Question

What Louisiana State alum led the Giants in interceptions in 2011?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 25, 2024, 11:48:09 AMEach day, I will post a Giants trivia question.   No, using the internet (or AI for answers).  Each morning, I will post the answer from yesterday and a new question.

Today's Question

What Louisiana State alum led the Giants in interceptions in 2011?

Corey Webster - complete knee jerk amswer from me.

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

LennG

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

spiderblue43

Who led the Giants in rushing tds in 1966?

Philosophers

Quote from: spiderblue43 on June 25, 2024, 06:08:42 PMWho led the Giants in rushing tds in 1966?

Tucker Fredrickson again off the top of my head.

Philosophers

Trivia Question - what was the average weight of the five starting OL of the 1970 Giants team?

Giant Obsession

Quote from: Philosophers on June 25, 2024, 06:12:15 PMTucker Fredrickson again off the top of my head.

Tucker missed that season with his first knee injury.  Sadly as I remember 12 other Giants also incurred season ending injuries in 1966.  Good reason they finished 1 - 12 - 1.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Giant Obsession

WHO AM I ????

I was drafted by the Giants in the 17th round.

My first preseason I caught 3 TD passes and made the practice squad heading into the season.

After learning the playbook I was activated in Week 8 and caught 4 passes for 90 yards and also had a TD reception nullified by penalty.

The next week my first start I caught 1 pass for 7 yards.

At practice that following week I severely broke my arm and was done for the season.

I played in 2 games that year.  I never played another game in the NFL.

My QB, who is in the Hall of Fame, said I had the same big play potential as Homer Jones.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on June 25, 2024, 07:06:04 PMTrivia Question - what was the average weight of the five starting OL of the 1970 Giants team?

255?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

The answer to yesterday's question was Corey Webster

Today's question:

Y. A. Tittle was the New York Giants' starting quarterback from 1961 to 1964. Which team, whose home was Kezar Stadium, traded Tittle to the Giants?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Giant Obsession on June 25, 2024, 08:07:26 PMWHO AM I ????

I was drafted by the Giants in the 17th round.

My first preseason I caught 3 TD passes and made the practice squad heading into the season.

After learning the playbook I was activated in Week 8 and caught 4 passes for 90 yards and also had a TD reception nullified by penalty.

The next week my first start I caught 1 pass for 7 yards.

At practice that following week I severely broke my arm and was done for the season.

I played in 2 games that year.  I never played another game in the NFL.

My QB, who is in the Hall of Fame, said I had the same big play potential as Homer Jones.

I am completely stumped
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

YAT came to us from San Fran.  Old Kezar was located out of the downtown area, toward the ocean,  near Pacific Park
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 26, 2024, 07:00:21 AM255?

So close Rich.  253 pounds.

I was shocked to read the weights across the starting 5.  I thought it would be 15 pounds heavier.