News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants premieres July 2 on Max.

Started by MightyGiants, June 25, 2024, 12:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 25, 2024, 02:04:58 PMRick,

I believe that HBO is now called Max

Max is the artist formerly known as HBO Max, which was HBO's streaming platform. HBO is still HBO with your cable provider.

DaveBrown74

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

I dont have MAX, but I plan to get it for two months. Looks really good and as a Giant fan, I have no choice, but to subscribe.

The KING is in the building

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jclayton92

I suggest a game day thread on this topic as a watch party ish. We can watch and discuss what schoen vetoed lol.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on July 02, 2024, 11:47:56 AMI suggest a game day thread on this topic as a watch party ish. We can watch and discuss what schoen vetoed lol.

Hahaha. I'll def be keen to discuss each episode in detail.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

killarich

I hate the buildup then having to wait a week...ugh

DaveBrown74

I thought the first episode was good. Some comments/opinions/observations:

(1) I like Brandon Brown. I liked him plenty before this, but my view was reaffirmed in my eyes in getting a few glimpses of how he thinks and works in this episode. I fully expect him to get poached away for a GM job in the next couple of offseasons.

(2) I didn't love the scene with Mara and Schoen. I felt like Mara was indicating to Schoen he'd like to have Saquon back and had to be reminded that they paid Jones all this money and now need to spend money to protect him better. It almost felt like Schoen was reminding Mara of the contract Mara likely advocated giving Jones. Mara kind of seemed to just grunt when he said that. Felt a little bit "meddly" to me, albeit it was sort of subtle.

(3) I liked Chris Rosetti from what I saw in this episode. Struck me as very knowledgeable and informed on the finer points on veteran players, including their value and their fit into the Giants' schemes. I like the way he interacted with the larger group in the scene with the large meeting they had.

(4) Schoen drops a lot of F bombs! There was one scene where it was literally every third word practically.

(5) I still don't really have an opinion on Shane Bowen either way. I want to see the product before I really pass much of a judgment. It seems like they did their due diligence there and are excited about having him. I didn't get the sense that hire was rushed or that he was their fourth or fifth choice and they just needed to get someone. Sounds like getting back to a four man rush and stopping the run are priorities. That suits me fine as a fan if he and the players can pull that off, because that reminds me of top Giant defenses of the past.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 02, 2024, 10:15:03 PMI thought the first episode was good. Some comments/opinions/observations:

(1) I like Brandon Brown. I liked him plenty before this, but my view was reaffirmed in my eyes in getting a few glimpses of how he thinks and works in this episode. I fully expect him to get poached away for a GM job in the next couple of offseasons.

(2) I didn't love the scene with Mara and Schoen. I felt like Mara was indicating to Schoen he'd like to have Saquon back and had to be reminded that they paid Jones all this money and now need to spend money to protect him better. It almost felt like Schoen was reminding Mara of the contract Mara likely advocated giving Jones. Mara kind of seemed to just grunt when he said that. Felt a little bit "meddly" to me, albeit it was sort of subtle.

(3) I liked Chris Rosetti from what I saw in this episode. Struck me as very knowledgeable and informed on the finer points on veteran players, including their value and their fit into the Giants' schemes. I like the way he interacted with the larger group in the scene with the large meeting they had.

(4) Schoen drops a lot of F bombs! There was one scene where it was literally every third word practically.

(5) I still don't really have an opinion on Shane Bowen either way. I want to see the product before I really pass much of a judgment. It seems like they did their due diligence there and are excited about having him. I didn't get the sense that hire was rushed or that he was their fourth or fifth choice and they just needed to get someone. Sounds like getting back to a four man rush and stopping the run are priorities. That suits me fine as a fan if he and the players can pull that off, because that reminds me of top Giant defenses of the past.

I agree with all of this.  I'd have liked to hear more from the early days of Bowen, but they can only put so much in 40 minutes.  The little bit they talked about Simmons was interesting. 

Looking forward to the next one.  So much so that I'll probably rewatch this one.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

killarich

Quote from: AZGiantFan on July 02, 2024, 10:57:29 PMI agree with all of this.  I'd have liked to hear more from the early days of Bowen, but they can only put so much in 40 minutes.  The little bit they talked about Simmons was interesting. 

Looking forward to the next one.  So much so that I'll probably rewatch this one.

Seems like Simmons will be an every down backer ..... kind of made me wish we gave him a 2-3 year contract instead

Seems like if he does what Bowen wants him to do ... he will be a major part of the defense