News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Huddle | Wide Receivers

Started by MightyGiants, June 28, 2024, 12:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

On this episode of the Giants Huddle podcast, John Schmeelk is joined by the Giants wide receivers, Wan'Dale Robinson, Malik Nabers, Isaiah Hodgins, Darius Slayton, Allen Robinson, Bryce Ford-Wheaton, and Jalin Hyatt. They discuss how each receiver's skillset can help bolster this Giants offense.

:00 - Wan'Dale Robinson

5:17 - Malik Nabers

13:13 - Isaiah Hodgins

17:34 - Darius Slayton

22:28 - Allen Robinson II

25:08 - Bryce Ford-Wheaton

30:17 - Jalin Hyatt
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

One thing I teally like is how all the WRs sound - studious and determined to learn it all.

What concerns me is all are saying how complicated it is.  Over complicating something may prevent your best players from playing without thinking.

Sem

Quote from: Philosophers on June 28, 2024, 02:13:17 PMOne thing I teally like is how all the WRs sound - studious and determined to learn it all.

What concerns me is all are saying how complicated it is.  Over complicating something may prevent your best players from playing without thinking.

I may be mis-remembering but wasn't the same thing said about the Coughlin/Gilbride offense? I seem to recall that when the offense broke the huddle each of the receivers had as many as 6 or 8 routes they could run depending on what the defense was showing. It was up to Manning and each of the receivers to recognize that and make the same read in order for the play to have a chance at success. I also have a vague recollection of veteran FA receivers coming in (midseason likely due to injuries), and commenting about it being the most complex offense they'd ever played in.

Philosophers

I have nightmares of a Giants D in which the secondary players could never get on the same page with constant blown coverages.  Don't remember which.  That's why I tend to favor simpler systems in which it becomes more about a player beating his opponent physically and not having to out think him.

MightyGiants

@Philosophers and @Sem

Life is full of tradeoffs.  More complicated offenses tend to be harder to defend
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sem

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 28, 2024, 03:33:06 PM@Philosophers and @Sem

Life is full of tradeoffs.  More complicated offenses tend to be harder to defend
Absolutely. I think the more complicated the offense (or defense) is the more imperative it is to have great coaches who are effective teachers, in addition to good at X's and O's. Also it's probably a good thing to have players with higher football IQ.

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on June 28, 2024, 03:33:06 PM@Philosophers and @Sem

Provided it is taught well and learned.