News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

6 QB prospects to keep an eye on in 2025 NFL Draft

Started by MightyGiants, June 30, 2024, 09:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Beck interests me. I'll be watching him closely this year. 6'4" is a good height, and 215 is a respectable build for just a 21 year old. If he has yet to show optimal processing speed and accuracy, 9.5 YPA last year with only six picks last year is pretty darn good. That YPA is better than what either Caleb Williams or Drake Maye did last season, and the SEC is a way tougher defensive conference than either the Pac-12 or the ACC. Not even close.

Definitely a guy to watch this year.

spiderblue43

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on June 30, 2024, 10:05:26 AMBeck interests me. I'll be watching him closely this year. 6'4" is a good height, and 215 is a respectable build for just a 21 year old. If he has yet to show optimal processing speed and accuracy, 9.5 YPA last year with only six picks last year is pretty darn good. That YPA is better than what either Caleb Williams or Drake Maye did last season, and the SEC is a way tougher defensive conference than either the Pac-12 or the ACC. Not even close.

Definitely a guy to watch this year.

I also will check out Beck a lot (helps Dawgs are on the tube always)...but also Dart from Ole Miss and Milroe,a Daniels-type leap candidate. Big SEC fan.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: spiderblue43 on June 30, 2024, 03:49:38 PMI also will check out Beck a lot (helps Dawgs are on the tube always)...but also Dart from Ole Miss and Milroe,a Daniels-type leap candidate. Big SEC fan.

I haven't been too impressed with Milroe from what I have seen, but I agree he's a candidate to be a guy who could take a leap. These highly drafted Bama QBs have been disappointing of late though (Mac Jones, Bryce Young). I guess Tua has been decent.

Dart is interesting... we shall see.

Painter

6 is it? But then 50/50 will make it 3 and more suitable for a Cyclops, I would imagine  :drunk:

Cheers!

madbadger

Keep an eye on Garrett Nussmeier of LSU. If the name sounds familiar he's the son of Eagles quarterback coach Doug Nussmeier. He's had his path blocked by Daniels but in limited reps he's been really good. I expect him to have a huge year this year.

Another guy to keep an eye on is Connor Weigman out of Texas A&M. He's got all the tools but missed most of last season to injury. He's another dude that is primed for a massive season. I like both of those guys than two of the players that made the list.

Jclayton92

Dart and Noah Fifita in Arizona intrigue me a lot. Dart had the best Wr duo, TE1, and RB1 in the country before Judkins transferred, but he's got the best back shoulder in college football and loves to hit ppl when running.

Philosophers

Milroe interests me a lot because while he may have great physicals, he is now going into a completely offensive scheme with the new Alabama head coach.  How he adjusts, learns and grasps it will say a lot about his mental makeup.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on June 30, 2024, 09:56:47 PMMilroe interests me a lot because while he may have great physicals, he is now going into a completely offensive scheme with the new Alabama head coach.  How he adjusts, learns and grasps it will say a lot about his mental makeup.

Very valid point.

Considering QBs have to do this a lot in the NFL, it's definitely an interesting test for him.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on July 01, 2024, 06:50:11 AMVery valid point.

Considering QBs have to do this a lot in the NFL, it's definitely an interesting test for him.

I also have to think that being in your 2nd or 3rd year with the same HC, OC or QB coach must mean a lot in terms of understanding each other and having established a relationship.  He'll be in year 1 also of that so a lot for him to develop that's outside of his physicals.

spiderblue43

Quote from: madbadger on June 30, 2024, 05:25:45 PMKeep an eye on Garrett Nussmeier of LSU. If the name sounds familiar he's the son of Eagles quarterback coach Doug Nussmeier. He's had his path blocked by Daniels but in limited reps he's been really good. I expect him to have a huge year this year.

Another guy to keep an eye on is Connor Weigman out of Texas A&M. He's got all the tools but missed most of last season to injury. He's another dude that is primed for a massive season. I like both of those guys than two of the players that made the list.

Wegmann did get kayoed and took a beating before then. Plus, he has a strange throwing motion and accuracy issues. But...he has moxie, athleticism and toughness. Worth seeing too how he develops. Nussmeier is another guy that  deserves a look.

madbadger

Quote from: spiderblue43 on July 01, 2024, 11:17:50 AMWegmann did get kayoed and took a beating before then. Plus, he has a strange throwing motion and accuracy issues. But...he has moxie, athleticism and toughness. Worth seeing too how he develops. Nussmeier is another guy that  deserves a look.

Bernie Kosar and Phillip Rivers are examples of two guys with unusual throwing motions that had great careers.