News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Our WRs

Started by ralphpal1, July 02, 2024, 10:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphpal1

IF G Wilson has two. 1000.yrd seasons with zack.wilson.as his QB
We should expect the same.from.our WRs
Also.the Jets line is as bad as ours
No no.excuses this year

Jclayton92

I think Nabers breaks a 1,000 but if Wandale is healthy all season I think he breaks it also.

MightyGiants

I think a thousand yards is a reasonable goal for Nabers
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: ralphpal1 on July 02, 2024, 10:40:14 AMIF G Wilson has two. 1000.yrd seasons with zack.wilson.as his QB
We should expect the same.from.our WRs
Also.the Jets line is as bad as ours
No no.excuses this year

While pff is not the be all and end all, they have theGiants' OL ranked 29th and the Jets OL ranked 5th for 2024.  Obviously they were more impressed with the Jets off-season moves than the Giants.

Quote29. NEW YORK GIANTS
The Giants' offensive line was among the NFL's worst in 2023, partially due to injuries. While they brought in a couple of new players in Jermaine Eluemunor and Jon Runyan to start at guard, they need their returners to improve drastically.

Center John Michael Schmitz Jr., a second-round pick in 2023, and right tackle Evan Neal, a top-10 pick in 2022, have been disappointing so far. Even left tackle Andrew Thomas staying healthy and getting back to his 2022 form wouldn't make up for poor performances from the other young players on the line in 2024.

Quote5. NEW YORK JETS
After performing as one of the worst units of the 2023 season, the Jets' offensive line mightily improved this offseason. Veteran tackles Tyron Smith and Morgan Moses both finished among the 10 highest-graded offensive tackles in 2023 and could form one of the best duos in the league in 2024.

The Jets also get back one of the best young guards in the league, Alijah Vera-Tucker, who missed most of the 2023 season due to an injury.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2024-offensive-line-rankings-detroit-lions-penei-sewell-frank-ragnow
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Philosophers

I think this depends on two things:

1) What is the run/pass ratio for the Giants?  Is Dabs looking to air it out and have DJ consistently throw it 40 times a game?

2) Are both Dabs and DJ looking to concentrate their throws to their best WRs or spread it around so say 6-8 players get catches in a game?  If the latter, then that may be less targets to Malik.

Personnaly, Malik should be the focal point the way top WR1s are.  Get him consistently 10 - 12 targets per game.  He's our alpha.