News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Around the NFL: Week 4

Started by DaveBrown74, October 01, 2023, 01:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Brock Purdy 95% completion %.

Josh Allen otherworldly.

Anthony Richardson almost pulled a comeback but it went into OT and Stafford won it. AR starting to look like the Real Deal.

So does CJ Stroud.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

The AFC has the better QBs, by a lot. The NFC has the better line play, offensive and defensive, by a lot.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Dare I say, Zach Wilson looks legitimately good tonight.

And Mahomes looks way off his game.

Almost like these two QBs switched bodies before the game.

MagicRat

I think the pressure of being in my fantasy team is proving a lot for Mahommes to handle.
Smell my cheese you mother!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MagicRat on October 02, 2023, 07:21:12 AMI think the pressure of being in my fantasy team is proving a lot for Mahommes to handle.

I have him too. I am cursed this year haha.

Back to the game though, that defensive holding call on the play that Mahomes threw his third pick was absolutely bogus. I don't like to bitch about officiating generally, but it was called for in this case. If you're going to throw the flag that late in the game on something that mild, you need to have been calling it all game, which this guy wasn't.

Further, there was clear offensive holding on the play where Mahomes ran it on third and long for the conversion, and that went uncalled.

Who knows if the Jets would have even won if those calls had been different, but they definitely might have as both were pivotal plays late in the game.

At the end of the day though the Wilson fumble was a killer. You just can't do that. Shame as he played a very good game otherwise. But that really can't happen in that spot.

JT39

You guys can complain about Mahomes and your fantasy team.

I have Joe Burrow.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 07:39:44 AMYou guys can complain about Mahomes and your fantasy team.

I have Joe Burrow.

Haha, touche.

Ok I'll shut up.

TDToomer

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 07:39:44 AMYou guys can complain about Mahomes and your fantasy team.

I have Joe Burrow.

I could have kept Burrow but let him go back into the draft and took Watson and Tua. Watson is hurt and Tua fell flat yesterday. But who did I keep instead of Burrow?  Kyle Pitts and Drake London who are stuck with a worst passing offense in the NFL.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs