News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Better eagles won

Started by ralphpal1, October 01, 2023, 04:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphpal1

Is it better the eagles won ?
It probably is for our playoff chances
But no more talking about the line or how we cant score against these teams
How much better the eagles and dallas are better then us
We are either good enough for the playoffs or not

JT39

This team is a long long ways away before worrying about the playoffs. We could realistically be looking at 1-5 if we lose Monday night.

EDjohnst1981

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on October 01, 2023, 04:45:30 PMThis team is a long long ways away before worrying about the playoffs. We could realistically be looking at 1-5 if we lose Monday night.

Agreed. That would be the base case scenario if we lose tonight.

And as you seem to be indicating, there is no point in focusing on anything but winning tonight.

If we win, that keeps things alive.

If we lose, we are on life support and will need to pull rabbits out of our hats with shocking upsets in order to have a shot.

Personally I don't really care about the division. We were never going to win the division this year, I'm sorry. If we were going to make the playoffs, it was always going to be one of the wildcards. We're not better than the Eagles or Dallas, as much as we like to speculate that we are during the summer when everyone is overly optimistic. Our path in is a wildcard. There are three of them, and the NFC is not that strong, so 9-8 could get it done.

But again these are not things to think about right now. All that matters today is what happens tonight.

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 02, 2023, 06:48:47 AMAgreed. That would be the base case scenario if we lose tonight.

And as you seem to be indicating, there is no point in focusing on anything but winning tonight.

If we win, that keeps things alive.

If we lose, we are on life support and will need to pull rabbits out of our hats with shocking upsets in order to have a shot.

Personally I don't really care about the division. We were never going to win the division this year, I'm sorry. If we were going to make the playoffs, it was always going to be one of the wildcards. We're not better than the Eagles or Dallas, as much as we like to speculate that we are during the summer when everyone is overly optimistic. Our path in is a wildcard. There are three of them, and the NFC is not that strong, so 9-8 could get it done.

But again these are not things to think about right now. All that matters today is what happens tonight.

I am not even worried about our record. I am worried that these following guys will be either JAGs or not live up to potential.

Thibs
Neal
Wan'Dale
McKinney
Azeez
Flott
Ezudu

Also - I'd like to see our rookies continually get better.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 07:01:49 AMI am not even worried about our record. I am worried that these following guys will be either JAGs or not live up to potential.

Thibs
Neal
Wan'Dale
McKinney
Azeez
Flott
Ezudu

Also - I'd like to see our rookies continually get better.

Fair concern.

Flott and Ezeudu are lower stakes players and don't need to be stars to justify where they were drafted.

If Schoen ended up picking two busts with two top 10 picks that's definitely a strike against him though, and a fairly big one. You can't go 0 for 2 with two top 7 picks, even if you don't have every scout you want in the building.

TDToomer

No it's not better. It's way too early to just concede the division and hope they sweep the Cowboys and Eagles.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

I'd be concerned about Washington. Right now, they would beat the Giants, looking like they belong in the cellar.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

JT39

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 02, 2023, 08:40:59 AMI'd be concerned about Washington. Right now, they would beat the Giants, looking like they belong in the cellar.

NFL is week to week. Against Buffalo at home - Howell looked like the worst QB in the league and Washngtons defense was awful. They ramped it up against philly like they usually do. But they arent world beaters. In fact, they may be our easiest opponent left on the schedule.

Ed Vette

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 08:42:29 AMNFL is week to week. Against Buffalo at home - Howell looked like the worst QB in the league and Washngtons defense was awful. They ramped it up against philly like they usually do. But they arent world beaters. In fact, they may be our easiest opponent left on the schedule.
That pass Rush will have Jones head spinning. They are an up and coming team.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on October 02, 2023, 08:42:29 AMNFL is week to week. Against Buffalo at home - Howell looked like the worst QB in the league and Washngtons defense was awful. They ramped it up against philly like they usually do. But they arent world beaters. In fact, they may be our easiest opponent left on the schedule.

Howell is a 2nd year QB (really first year having only played 1 game last year) I would expect some fluctuations in his performance from week to week.  That being said he did show yesterday that he has the ability to be a productive QB against a top tier defense.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18