News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mock draft tracker 6.0

Started by Jclayton92, February 21, 2024, 09:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

https://www.giants.com/news/nfl-draft-order-2024-mock-draft-free-agency-combine-malik-nabers-rome-odunze-joe-alt-jared-verse

By far the top 3 mocked to the Giants are Odunze, Nabers, and Daniels

Bowers gets 3-4
Joe Alt gets 2
Fuaga gets 1
Harrison Jr gets 1
Verse gets 1

Bob In PA

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 21, 2024, 09:05:31 AMhttps://www.giants.com/news/nfl-draft-order-2024-mock-draft-free-agency-combine-malik-nabers-rome-odunze-joe-alt-jared-verse

By far the top 3 mocked to the Giants are Odunze, Nabers, and Daniels

Bowers gets 3-4
Joe Alt gets 2
Fuaga gets 1
Harrison Jr gets 1
Verse gets 1

J: Many thanks for doing this. I'm the one who usually does it and I don't have time this year.

May I suggest that you just add to this thread every time instead of starting a new one for every update.

Much appreciated.

Bob

PS. I may change the title eventually to make it clear all mocks are included here.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Painter

Personally, my interest in Mock Drafts is limited to those which directly reflect the wishes and/or expectations of individual Giants fans right here/right now, or collectively in the form of a reasonably current, credible consensus of same. To the extent that so called, insiders and experts, do not share the same motivation nor is sincerity a necessary part of their agenda, I find little or no interest in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or any subsequent guesses.

While calling attention to NFL Mock Draft Database's current consensus leader, Malik Nabers as the Giants most likely choice with their No.6 overall pick, I can't help but share my amusement with its lead statement: "Featuring the industry's top draft analysts and experts, our streamlined format presents the most extensive list of the best NFL mock drafts out there"- followed by TOTAL COUNT: 596 MOCK DRAFTS.

In any case, as such, Nabers currently is just one of 5 players with a 50% or more consensus popularity as the Giants first pick. Individually, he shows up as the mockateers pick more than Odunze and Alt combined. For whatever it's worth which could be just how it affects their next couple of picks, and so it goes.

Cheers!

Bob In PA

Quote from: Painter on February 21, 2024, 04:05:06 PMPersonally, my interest in Mock Drafts is limited to those which directly reflect the wishes and/or expectations of individual Giants fans right here/right now, or collectively in the form of a reasonably current, credible consensus of same. To the extent that so called, insiders and experts, do not share the same motivation nor is sincerity a necessary part of their agenda, I find little or no interest in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or any subsequent guesses.

While calling attention to NFL Mock Draft Database's current consensus leader, Malik Nabers as the Giants most likely choice with their No.6 overall pick, I can't help but share my amusement with its lead statement: "Featuring the industry's top draft analysts and experts, our streamlined format presents the most extensive list of the best NFL mock drafts out there"- followed by TOTAL COUNT: 596 MOCK DRAFTS.

In any case, as such, Nabers currently is just one of 5 players with a 50% or more consensus popularity as the Giants first pick. Individually, he shows up as the mockateers pick more than Odunze and Alt combined. For whatever it's worth which could be just how it affects their next couple of picks, and so it goes.

Larry: I understand where you're coming from, but IMO this is different because it's a compilation for purposes of showing (usually) a consensus.  I have a lousy memory but I seem to recall you posting something similar at least one or two times (I'm not sure why, but I seem to recall it). Bob

Painter

I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying, Bob. I was simply adding the fact that in addition to the forgoing, it appears that that presently, Nabers is much the greater Consensus Mock Draft favorite than any of the others listed.

Cheers
!

Bob In PA

Quote from: Painter on February 21, 2024, 08:43:25 PMI'm not sure that I understand what you are saying, Bob. I was simply adding the fact that in addition to the forgoing, it appears that that presently, Nabers is much the greater Consensus Mock Draft favorite than any of the others listed.
Larry: I misinterpreted the intended scope of your post. Your addendum (above) makes that clear. Good point. Bob

EDjohnst1981

I'm not massively interested in mocks but I remember reading over a long period that @Painter was rather convinced on the Thomas pick. I backed that pick here in England at 5/1. Feel free to post your next suggestion closer to the time :)

Also - I owe you a beer for it!

Painter

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on February 22, 2024, 09:45:30 AMI'm not massively interested in mocks but I remember reading over a long period that @Painter was rather convinced on the Thomas pick. I backed that pick here in England at 5/1. Feel free to post your next suggestion closer to the time :)

Also - I owe you a beer for it!

I was indeed convinced that of the four 1st Round OTs that year, the others being Wills, Becton, and Wirfs,  Andrew Thomas would be the best pick for the Giants to make at No.4 overall. Certainly, I was pleased when Gettleman then actually did the right thing. I now know that you were in favor as well, Ed. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe your compatriot Ceri Dovey also favored the Thomas pick.

As once upon a time, well before the 2020 Draft, I lived in London- on Holland Park Road, Kensington- for a little over 4 years. I now wonder if there wasn't something in the beer.

However, It seems pretty clear that had Justin Herbert not decided to forego the 2019 Draft, he and not Daniel Jones at 6 would be Giants QB today without altering the choice of Andrew Thomas the following year.

As crying in my beer is not at all my style, I will leave it at..

Cheers!

Bob In PA

Painter

Quote from: Bob In PA on February 22, 2024, 12:54:49 PMLarry: You are a pip!  Bob

Not so different from you, my friend.

Cheers!