News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Preseason QB rotation

Started by Giant Obsession, June 02, 2024, 10:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

IMO no longer do we have the luxury of blowing off the last preseason game by resting all the starters.

Face it, we have 3 QB's and NO honest idea of who will/might lead us. Factor in for you DJ fans what IF he is not ready.  I realize he is the default starter, but he needs work, lots of work.  Not the kind of work you get in practice (where you make few if any reads) or playing one series in the first 2 preseason games.  And let's not even factor in him getting comfortable with his NEW offensive line and receivers.

So how would you handle all of this ?? Who plays when and for how long  ??  And should it affect the pecking order as to who is the starter each of these 3 weeks ??

Me???  We have no designated #1, every one gets a half minimum each of the first 2 preseason games. And no sticking it to #3 by playing with camp fodder that will be cut on Monday.
I mean cmon 85 players dressing and getting appreciation time for PS game 3 ????  When you already know as coaches who a solid 15 - 20 cuts will be. 

We need competition.  We need answers.  Injuries happen, be it preseason or inseason, so that can not enter into our thinking at this point.  We need players and cohesion. 

And we need it before 40 - 0 or when we are 1 - 7 at midseason.

Back in the day (the 50's and 60's) preseason games 5 and 6 (yes Virginia we played 6 of those boogers) were treated as dress rehearsel games for the regular season.  Starters players and a lot.  They viewed it as a springboard into the regular season.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon