News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Rank these NFC East defensive players

Started by MightyGiants, May 29, 2023, 01:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Parson, Reddick, Lawrence, Payne best to worst

uconnjack8

Parson, Lawrence, Reddick, Payne

Philosophers

Quote from: uconnjack8 on May 30, 2023, 07:31:23 AMParson, Lawrence, Reddick, Payne

Ditto on this order.  Lawrence vs Reddick is my quandary, but think Lawrence is doing the better job with less talent around him whereas Reddick has an ungodly amount of talent around him.

Bob In PA

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on May 30, 2023, 07:31:23 AMParson, Lawrence, Reddick, Payne

I am going to join Bob and Joe and say this is my list
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 30, 2023, 01:44:51 PMI am going to join Bob and Joe and say this is my list
... and uconn.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 30, 2023, 01:44:51 PMI am going to join Bob and Joe and say this is my list

I'm with Matt, Bob, Rich, etc.  The only caveat is I think there's a pretty big gap between Parsons in everyone else; at his current pace, Parson will surpass some HoF linebackers in terms of tackles and sacks in just 4 years. For example, Ray Lewis has 41.5 career sacks; Parson had 26.5 in just two seasons.  He's on a historic pace that revivals our own LT and the late, great Derrick Thomas. 

uconnjack8

Quote from: Philosophers on May 30, 2023, 01:34:02 PMDitto on this order.  Lawrence vs Reddick is my quandary, but think Lawrence is doing the better job with less talent around him whereas Reddick has an ungodly amount of talent around him.

That was a pretty big part in my ranking as well as Lawrence being strong against the pass and run.  I don't see Reddick as a great rum defender.